This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Gilmore Girls turned sixteen on Wednesday, and with the new Netflix revival coming to your computer screen this November, Netflix pulled out all the stops to make October 5th a day that Gilmore Girls fans will never forget.

Anyone who has ever watch even a single episode of Gilmore Girls has long dreamed of grabbing a cup of coffee from Luke’s Diner. Well, Netflix made that dream come true. At many coffee shops around the country, Netflix picked up the tab on 250 cups of coffee for those true fans willing to wait out the lines. Not only was the coffee free (just like it always was for Lorelai and Rory at Luke’s), but the staff of the coffee shops wore Luke’s Diner shirts and plaid button ups. The Luke’s sign was outside of the shops, and there were special cups featuring a quote from Lorelai and Luke’s coffee sleeves. All around, it was a dream come true for everyone whoever wished they could be a regular at Luke’s Diner.

Additionally, Kirk found the password to Star Hollows website page. At townofstarshollow.org, you can find everything you need to know about the town of Stars Hollow. There is directory of all the shops in town, town announcements, and digital town hall meetings. Not only did Kirk finally fix the website, but he also narrated 60 second recaps of all the previous Gilmore Girls episodes which can be found here.

Although coffee from Luke’s was a great experience, the best thing that Netflix did to celebrate the sixteenth birthday of Gilmore Girls was release a new “We’re Back” featurette. The featurette is two and a half minutes of nostalgia, anticipation, and pure joy. The clip featured some of the best scenes from seasons past intermixed with actors and actresses talking about how much they love Gilmore Girls. The whole gang is back with appearances from Rory and Lorelai (of course), Luke, Emily, Lane, Kirk, and Dean, Jess, and Logan (yes, ALL THREE EX-BOYFRIENDS!). The featurette makes viewers realize the simplicity, the sweetness, and the humor that makes Gilmore Girls such an amazing program, and how much everyone, especially Scott Patterson, has aged over sixteen years. In the end, October 5th was like a dream for many Gilmore Girls fans. It hyped up Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, and made the wait for November 25th even more difficult. So mark your calendars, make sure you have enough left over Thanksgiving food, and settle in on November 25th to witness the greatest thing to happen in Stars Hollow since Rory’s graduation party. It will be a day to never forget.

Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.