Getting Back and Giving Back: HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Our chapter always loves receiving packages from the Her Campus National’s office… and this Back to School Survival Kit did not disappoint! Keep reading to learn more about what fabulous items were included in the kit and how we’re using them to survive fall semester.

Exciting items in the Back to School Survival Kit are helping us take some time to give back to ourselves and to others. Our Staff took products home at our monthly meeting for themselves and to pass along to friends and roommates.

Thanks to TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray & Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam, girls are able to rejuvenate their hair and try new styling options. The Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray has a lightweight formula to give hair a sexy, tousled texture for coveted beachy waves. NYC New York Color also sent Her Campus chapters tons of gorgeous City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadows & Eye Primers. Coupled with the TRESemmé spray, these 24 hour waterproof eyeshadows helped our TCU Staff members enjoy a night out with friends and take a well-deserved break from studying.

An adorable MZ Wallace Chelsea Tote is great for trips to the new library. Glitter glue and paint galore was also included in the Back to School Survival Kit, thanks to Martha Stewart Crafts. These craft supplies help us give back to others when we create homemade gifts… including all those sorority canvases! The HCXO Exclusive Pennants were perfect surprises to find in the box; our Staff plans to use these at upcoming promotion and recruiting events! 

Also included were materials and stickers from She’s The First, No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project, My Social Canvas, and Actually She Can. We can’t forget about the sample chapters from Penguin Random House, We Were Liars and Every Day. Staff members and their friends can enjoy the page-turners while sipping on drinks sweetened with Zing Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener by the Campus Rec pool.

Oh, did we mention the best part? Chipotle coupons!! Our Staff took multiple coupons to pass out to friends, roommates, and others; giving to others and enjoying yummy food at the same time is a major win!

Thank you to all of the sponsors who make the Back to School Survival Kit possible! Thanks to some of the products in the Back to School Survival Kit, HC TCU is ready to finish out the rest of the semester on a strong note.