This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

As the season to be spooky draws closer to its climax, the age old question of “what do I wear?” bounces around in your head exponentially. If you’re like some people, going as a leather-clad-cat isn’t your forte, and you want to make sure you are staying true to your fun self without paying 35 dollars for a Leg Avenue swatch of fabric. Don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to grab people’s attention and still be warm due to the appropriate amount of clothing. Here are 10 costumes that are guaranteed to make you the life (or death) of the party.

1. A Frat Boy

Let’s finally make TCU’s male to female ratio 50:50. With this costume the hosts of the party won’t know what hit them. Ask them what their major is, or if they could introduce you to their hot friends. Maybe if you’re lucky you can learn a secret handshake out of it.

2. French Kiss

Combine Ratatouille and Rock n’ Roll with this hilarious costume. Plus, the baguette acts as a prop as well as a snack on the go.

3. Dunkin’ Donuts

Showing off your favorite basketball team and your love for semi-good coffee definitely scores major points in the creativity department. And while the donut ring may seem cumbersome, it will keep the sweating dancing people at bay.

4. Black Sheep

We all have the one family member that nobody really understands how the apple fell so far from the tree. Embody your inner outcast with this costume, and bring some humor back to the family name.

5. Dumbledora the Explorer

Can YOU find the frat party? Combine your childhood explorer with one of Hogwarts horcrux explorers, and show everyone that yes, beards make everyone sexier.

6. Napoleon Dynamite

Why vote in this presidential election when you can instead just vote for Pedro?*

*But really, you should vote

7. Catcalling

You still get to be the cat every girl is destined to be for at least one Halloween, but this way you’ll be making a statement to the patriarchy. Maybe you could even team up with the girls dressed as frat guys to tell boys to smile more, and take compliments better.

8. Jack and Rose from Titanic

Let everyone know your heart will go on, even if you are single this Halloween season.

9. The different roles of Will Ferrell (group costume)

This is a great way to make sure your costume really gets the attention it deserves. Everyone will be wondering which Will Ferrell they will run into next. Ron Burgundy? Buddy the Elf? It’s a Halloween mystery.

10. Sexy Ghost

Probably the cheapest costume to make, and by far my favorite. If you still feel like you want to be a tiny bit scandalous, throw on some lingerie over a sheet and call yourself a sexy ghost (or as I like to call it a feisty poltergeisty).

Just a (sort of) small town girl now living in a college world. Hobbies include petting stranger's dogs, eating popcorn by the fistful, and still trying to make fetch happen.
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.