Fort Worth Boutiques: Where the Most Fashionable Frogs Buy Sorority Formal Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

One of the best parts about Spring semester are Greek Life Formals. Whether you’re bringing a date or were invited as one, you’ll want to look your best. But let’s be honest, like most college students, you are probably the poster child for Kristin Wiig’s Bridesmaids line, “Help me I’m poor!” So what’s a girl to do? Thankfully, Her Campus TCU has you covered! We scouted the top dress stores in Fort Worth to help you find that perfect Formal dress you’ve been searching for.

Retrospection

Retrospection is an original Fort Worth boutique within walking distance of TCU. Located at the intersection of University and Park Hill, Retrospection is convenient and affordable. This corner shop is an eclectic lifestyle boutique that carries an array of trendy clothing, jewelry and more!

Most of the dresses have a sweet, sophisticated look ranging from $40 to $70. The boutique often offers weekend sales, such as BOGO on sale items or 20 percent off your entire purchase. Whether you are looking for a flirty or more mature look, Retrospection is sure to have what you are looking for. P.S. The pastel dresses in this year’s spring collection are to die for!

Address: 2435 S. University Dr. Fort Worth, TX 76109

Website, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr

Dirty Laundry

Located just a few doors down from TCU’s favorite eateries, Dutch’s Burgers and Pizza Snob, the most stylish Frogs shop at Dirty Laundry. This upscale boutique offers a contemporary selection of trendy women’s clothing and accessories. The couture dresses can be a little expensive, ranging anywhere from $100 to $500, but don’t let that stop you from shopping here! Dirty Laundry has great sales, such as 40 percent off seasonal clothes and BOGO deals. The coolest part? Dirty Laundry will never sell the same dress to girls attending the same event. After check out, an employee will record your name, dress purchased and sorority event to ensure you’re the only girl rocking that dress at Formal.

Address: 3007 South University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76109

Website, Facebook, Instagram

Urban Outfitters

When you think of Urban Outfitters, your first thought is probably not the word “formal.” You usually think of crop tops, hipster vibes and quirky fashion. But instead of heading to Urban’s casual clothing section, venture into the second room on the left side of the store for tons of Formal-worthy dresses. You’ll be shocked by the options Urban has to offer, all of which are very reasonably priced. Typically $60 to $100, you can find styles ranging from stripes and pastels to that sexy, open-back romper you’ve been searching for all year.

Address: 2735 West Seventh Street, Fort Worth, TX 76109

Esther Penn

Esther Penn is a new locally owned boutique that is quickly becoming one of the most popular stores in town thanks to its amazing owners and great prices. Its sophisticated, one-of-a-kind style makes this new boutique one of our favorites.

Address: 3328 West Seventh Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter

Beehive

This bright and bold Austin-based boutique is the buzz all around Fort Worth. Re-stocked daily with the latest fashions, Beehive was created for thrifty college girls looking to add affordable, trendy pieces (and the perfect Formal dress) to their closets. Inspired by sunny ‘60s vibes and unusual details, Beehive is defined by its bold colors, trend-setting prints and eye-catching statement pieces. With prices ranging from $40 to $80, you get a high-end experience without the high price tag. What more could a girl want? 

Address: 5122 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Website, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter

Flirt Boutique

There is something special about this little boutique in the West 7th District. Flirt Boutique’s storefront mannequins and stylish displays make it nearly impossible for you to not go in to shop. Filled with bright colors and a high-quality selection, this boutique is hard to beat. You’ll find more expensive pieces here from popular designers like Splendid, Seychelles, BCBG and Ben Sherman. However, Flirt’s special events make up for the extra expense (at least the free Skinny Girl Margaritas do for those of you 21 and over). With its in-store wine bar, Flirt has events like “Margarita Monday” and “Wine Down 20% Off Wednesdays.” If that doesn’t lead you to Flirt Boutique, I don’t know what will! Whether you end up finding your dream dress or not, the Flirt Boutique is worth experiencing.

Address: 2952 Crockett St. Fort Worth, TX 76107

Facebook, Instagram

University Park Village

University Park Village offers an enticing selection of upscale retail stores just minutes from campus. With a selection of more than 30 stores, you are sure to find a unique dress. Prices vary depending on the store, but specialty boutiques like Runway Seven and Francesca’s are very reasonably priced ($30 to $70) and are fabulous options for the budget-conscious customer. On the pricier side ($100 to $400), you can find higher-quality dresses at stores like Free People, J Crew and Anthropologie.

Address: 1612 S University Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Website, Facebook, Twitter

All of these stores are great options to help you find that perfect Formal dress. No matter where you decide to shop, you’re bound to be the best dressed if you follow our shopping advice!

Photo sources: Retrospection, Dirty Laundry, Urban Outfitters, Esther Penn, Beehive, Flirt Boutique, University Park Village

Nicoletta is a senior at Texas Christian University where she is a Communication Studies and Psychology of Leadership major, and a proud member of Kappa Alpha Theta. Born and raised in Santa Barbara, CA, she traded her flip-flops in for cowboy boots whens she moved to the great state of Texas to attend TCU. Some of her favorite things include health and fitness, going on spontaneous road trips, doing barre classes, shopping, and trying new food items at Trader Joes. The best decision she ever made was when she studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and traveled to 12 different countries and 36 cities in five months. Her best friends describe her as a confident leader who is outgoing, fun-loving, genuine, and quirky.