This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Fall in Texas means only one thing: football! And at TCU, it’s kind of a big deal (we’re ranked #2 in the preseason polls after all…). For girls, it’s also the time of year to show off your best southern belle looks for the weekend games.

A typical game day outfit consists of:

1.     Purple, white or black dresses (depending on game day theme)

2.     Cowboy boots

3.     Colorful earrings or necklace (or both!)

4.     TCU SPIRIT!!! (Woo go Frogs!)

Although this is what most girls will typically wear to games, it is absolutely not what you have to wear. Girls can be seen wearing anything from jean cut-offs and Converse all the way to the complete “southern girl style” from head to toe. But if you do choose to play dress-up, here are some helpful links to find anything from cute game day dresses, colorful jewelry or your staple pair of cowboy boots.

• Flirt is a local Texas boutique with a location on West 7th in Fort Worth. Here you’ll find reasonably priced game day dresses.
  • The perk of Retrospection is that it is literally a walk down the street from the center of campus. It’s in close proximity and convenient for those without a car at school.
  • Beehive is a more up & coming boutique that has recently gained much popularity among the women of TCU. It’s another great option for some unique jewelry pieces and dresses.
  • Kendra Scott is a mecca of all things southern. If you haven’t heard of the brand now, you will by the end of your first month at TCU. Almost any girl can be spotted sporting their classic drop earrings around campus, but what’s great is their massive selection of color options to accommodate any needs/wants for game day jewelry.
  • If you’re looking for a more cost sensitive alternative for jewelry, look no further than Charming Charlie. With a store located just down the road from TCU (off of Hulen), this is your one stop shop for all jewelry. The store offers a HUGE selection and in almost any color you can imagine!
  • This website is just one of the few that sells hundreds of brands of cowboy boots. It’s a great resource to search by price range if you’re not looking to spend a lot when first trying out this southern staple. Although, if you want the real deal, I recommend heading down to the Fort Worth Stockyards and visiting some of the classic cowboy outfitter boutiques.

Happy football season shopping! Go Frogs!! 

Photo source: Hannah Stabingas

Hannah is a Strategic Communications major at Texas Christian University. She plans to pursue a career in PR/Marketing in the fashion industry and eventually live in New York City. Life inspiration comes from The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City and Gossip Girl.