This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

It’s Fall Y’ALL!

Start getting pumped for the overload of PSLs and cozy sweaters because the beautiful fall has arrived! The weather outside right now makes my heart literally want to burst with happiness – I have no idea what it is about a yellow and red leaf on the ground that brings me so much joy, but I totally embrace the obsession. Thank you GOD for the seasons! I think the only thing that tops enjoying fall with friends, is doing so with a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand! I’m the first one to admit I really only drink a PSL for the vibe #basic but this recipe I’m about to share is truly tasty!! I hope your tummies like it! The best part is that all the following recipes are dorm room approved!

The PSL –

You will need:

• Keurig Coffee Machine (+ 1 dark roast coffee KCup)
  • 1 stirring spoon
  • 1 cozy coffee mug
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 small handful of white chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoon organic pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar//stevia
  • 1 cocoa baton (for both looks and taste!)

How to make:

First off, I know the pumpkin puree may leave y’all initially thinking “ew girl heck noo!” BUT TRUST the process.

Step 1: In a small bowl mix the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, and white chocolate. Set aside.

Step 2: Heat up your almond milk for 1 minute in your coffee mug.

Step 3: While the milk is still ultra-hot stir in the pumpkin and chocolate mixture and let it melt as well as incorporate!

Step 4: Set your mug under your Keurig and brew your coffee KCup!

Step 5: Add a little whip cream and a little extra cinnamon and you’re ready to relax! Oh and you can’t forget to a Trader Joe’s scrumptious Cocoa Baton!

I really hope if you try this you love it!

The Fall Breakfast Rice Cake –

You will need:

• One salted caramel Quaker Rice Cake
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin cream cheese
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin cream cheese
  • 1 sliced pear
  • 1 sliced red apple (honey crisp or gala would be so delish but any will work!)
  • A sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1 spreading knife

How to make:

Step 1: Put your cream cheese layer onto your rice cake.

Step 2: Spread on a little peanut butter (yumm this combo is good I assure you).

Step 3: Now slice up some pears and apples and place them on top!

Lastly, garnish with a little dash of cinnamon.

ENJOY!

The “I Car(amel) About YOU!” – (great for giving!)

You will need: (makes 5)

• 5 small mason jars (or even just a dip bowl if you’re not giving this as a gift!)
  • two bags wrapped caramels
  • orange, red, festive ribbon
  • microwave
  • 3 apples
  • 3 pears
  • ziplock bags
  • spreading knife
  • sea salt to garnish

How to make:

This recipe is I think my favorite! So simple and sweet!

Step 1: Ration out your caramels into the five mason jars.

Step 2: Place the mason jars in the microwave and let the caramels melt! (I’d highly suggest doing this in 30 second integrals while stirring in between)

Step 3: Take out your jars and let them cool, seal them up with the lid, and add their ribbon for decoration!

Step 4: Slice and bag your fruit.

Lastly, give to a friend and tell them you made it with love! And you can always (please do, actually) keep one for yourself! Just reheat the mason jar in the microwave until caramel is smooth and melted again so you can enjoy dipping your fruit into some nice, warm goodness! You deserve some TLC too! (:

“Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful.” Joel 2:32

Live it UP – LIA

Her Campus TCU Staff!
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.