Style > Fashion

Everything You Need to Know About Gigi Hadid’s “Guest in Residence”

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Gigi Hadid— the 27-year-old supermodel, mother, and now founder, recently released her first-ever brand on September 7. “Guest in Residence” provides 100 percent cashmere knitwear sourced from Mongolia and designed to last generations.

Upon her brand’s release, Gigi says: “We are the Guest(s) in Residence of the clothes we own – they have a life before us, and hopefully, if we take care of them, a life after us… We are guests in residence of our physical bodies, of the homes we live in, and of this planet… I thought about my favorite kinds of people.. the ones that make an effort to show up at any door, land in any country, sit down at any table, with a sense of comfort and a wonder for the people in front of them and the world around them. With all this in mind, we have created pieces for you to take on life with, from the most vivid adventures to the most quiet moments.” Guest in Residence’s cashmere is designed sustainably with the intention of being passed down through generations, a luxury item intended and accessible to everybody.

The “Core Collection” was the first to be launched, colorful staples that could fit into any closet with items ranging from socks to sweaters to robes and jackets. Shortly after, Guest in Residence released their inaugural campaign, “Yearbook” [newborn-100]. The campaign represents the mission of the brand well, featuring a diverse group of models of all ages, races, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and religions to celebrate humankind and the universality of cashmere. Some familiar faces include Gigi herself, Aaron Philip, Grace Coddington, and many more.

As her own creative director, Gigi made a quick turnaround and just two weeks later dropped her second collection, “Workwear.” Ten pieces where “utility meets cashmere” were modeled on Gigi’s farm, riding horses, tossing hay, and playing with goats. With items ranging anywhere from $95-$895, there is an heirloom for anybody.

Hi! I’m freshman strategic communications major with a double minor in women and gender studies and anthropology.