This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Andrew Fort has been working at TCU for the last 34 years. In that time, Dr. Fort has taught and inspired hundreds of students taking religious studies classes, including myself. This professor is passionate about what he does, and inspires passion in those he teaches. Though he’s taught at TCU his entire career, he’s had a wide variety of experiences in life and has a lot of wisdom to share. Here’s a small taste of what Dr. Fort is like:

Q: What’s your favorite part about working at TCU?

A: “Working in a department with shared vision. In many universities, if there is a religion department, it’s kind of to the side. But here at TCU, we really understand how important the study of religion is and try to give the students a well-rounded liberal arts education. Another one of my favorite things is watching the light bulb go on in class. Seeing the students really understanding the ideas I teach is very satisfying.”

Q: What advice would you give to your college self?

A: “I know this is easy to say for someone whose vision came true, but my advice would be to go with the vision. Do what you love in life.”

Q: What’s your favorite class to teach?

A: “I love all of them. All of the classes are great and important in their own way, they all draw out different sides of me.”

Q: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?”

A: “Reading the New York Times and traveling.”

Q: What are your favorite places to travel?

A: “Vermont and India. My brother has run a summer theater in Vermont for over 30 years, and when I was younger I ran a water front at a camp there. There’s a special place in my heart for Vermont. I also love going anywhere in India. The Taj Mahal is as unbelievable and overwhelming as everyone says.”

Q: What kind of music do you listen to?

A: “Some of my favorite artists are Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and composers like Sondheim and Beethoven.”

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?

A: “Confucius, Buddha, and Charles Darwin.”

Eleni Michaelides is a freshman marketing major at Texas Christian University. She's part of the Honors College, Gamma Phi Beta sorority, the Chancellor's Leadership Program, and the writing and advertising teams for Her Campus TCU. Eleni's Top 5 Favorite things are puppies, monograms, musicals, food, and Disney. (In no particular order)