College Life as Told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

The Office is a great show, and it’s often very relatable to the real world. But as I rewatch the series (for approximately the fourth time), I’m realizing how applicable The Office is to college life! Sometimes we’re a Jim, looking at the camera for some recognition of how ridiculous life is right now. We all have lovable but annoying Dwights in our lives, judgey Angelas, Pams that get you through the day, and probably a professor or two who remind you of Michael Scott. Here are some examples of how college students can often feel as if they are characters on The Office…

When you have multiple tests and projects due the same week:

And you’re faced with that homework assignment that’s just too much to handle:

So you probably just BS your way through:

Sometimes you just feel like giving up:

Like when your professor is going through the lecture too fast for your notes to keep up:

And you’re just doing your best to stay awake:

And there’s always that kid who asks a million questions each class:

Putting minimal effort into writing assignments like:

When you actually read the textbook for once:

But still don’t do well on the quiz:

Sometimes you’re assigned a *groan* group project:

And your professor doesn’t allow you to team up with your friends:

And then it’s the weekend and you want to go out, but you’re on a college budget:

But it’s okay, because you’re too drained from the week to do anything anyway:

But despite all that, college is still a blast!

Eleni Michaelides is a freshman marketing major at Texas Christian University. She's part of the Honors College, Gamma Phi Beta sorority, the Chancellor's Leadership Program, and the writing and advertising teams for Her Campus TCU. Eleni's Top 5 Favorite things are puppies, monograms, musicals, food, and Disney. (In no particular order)