This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Journalism majors, minors, and people passionate about journalism, media, or writing: Here is a list of organizations that will help you build connections on campus. It can be tricky to decide what to get involved in when scrolling through the numerous clubs and organizations listed on TCU Engage. So, I’ve compiled an easy-to-read list of clubs and organizations that will help you connect with others on campus passionate about journalism. There are links to each club or organization webpage, so be sure to click to learn more!

Eleven40Seven 

Eleven40Seven is TCU’s journal of the arts and is also a class offered through the Writing department. The student-run internship class complies submissions from TCU students and creates a journal that is distributed on campus and online. Submissions can be anything from a poem, to photography, to comics, and anything in between.

National Association of Black Journalists

TCU’s NABJ chapter is a club offered to African American students that provides programs and services to advance Black journalists on TCU’s campus. The national chapter of NABJ says that “the organization advocates on behalf of Black journalists and media professionals in the U.S. and worldwide.” 

National Association of Hispanic Journalists

Likewise, TCU’s NAHJ chapter is a club offered to Hispanic students that provides programs and services to advance Hispanic journalists on TCU’s campus. The national chapter says that they are “dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry.” #morelatinosinnews

Student Media

TCU Student Media, or TCU 360, is a student-run news organization. Students can gain experience in producing online and print works. Student media offers paid positions to be on their staff and hires every semester. TCU 360 offers many different publications for students to work on, including:

• TCU Skiff – the weekly campus newspaper
  • TCU News Now – weekly television newscasts and daily updates
  • TCU Sports Now – a long-form weekly television sportscast
  • IMAGE magazine – an award-winning long-form journalism publication
  • KTCU-FM – TCU’s live radio station
Amanda is a journalism major and writing minor at Texas Christian University from Los Angeles. She works as a copyeditor for TCU 360, TCU's online newspaper and is a member of National Association for Hispanic Journalists. She loves fashion, health & wellness and playing tennis.