The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Calyan Wax Co. in Arlington, Texas, makes 100% soy wax candles infused with essential oils. With 19 candle scents and five room sprays, Calyan is a fast-growing company with national deals signed with Sprouts and Whole Foods.

Even better, 5% of all revenue is donated to Traffick911, a non-profit that helps victims of sex trafficking. What could be better than eco-friendly candles that give back to a good cause?

To date, Calyan has donated about $288,000 to help fund the fight against human trafficking and expects to make another massive donation in October.

As someone who knows all about the candles that Calyan has to offer, here is my rating of the 15 year-round scents. If you would like to verify my ratings of the scents, feel free to buy a scent discovery kit for $20! 

*Please note that I do not speak for Calyan! These are my personal opinions.

• Lemon + Sage
    • 7/10 – This fragrance smells like it belongs next to a kitchen sink. The scent is light, and fresh and smells like my mom’s kitchen.
  • Apples + Maple Bourbon
    • 5/10 – Personally, I’m not a fan of apple-scented things, but this scent is pretty solid. It smells like a crisp fall day when you’re making apple pie.
  • Aspen + Fog
    • 10/10 – This is one of my top three fragrances! It smells like a chilly morning in Colorado. My parents love this one because it reminds them of going to the Rocky Mountains as kids.
  • Desert + Agave
    • 6/10 – This is a very light, earthy scent. If you’re looking for a scent that reminds you of New Mexico or Arizona, it’s right here in this fragrance!
  • Grapefruit + Flora
    • 4/10 – I’m not a grapefruit fan by any means, but this is a pretty good scent. If you’re into floral and citrus scents, this is definitely the one for you.
  • Evergreen + Eucalyptus
    • 7/10 – If you’re into the “clean girl” aesthetic, this scent is perfect for you! I live, laugh, and love the freshness of this one. It’s almost like hanging a fresh bunch of eucalyptus in your shower.
  • Lavender + Bergamot
    • 6/10 – Lavender is such a fun scent. With the addition of bergamot, it smells like what I think the library in Beauty and the Beast would smell like.
  • Oakmoss + Amber
    • 8/10 – Oakmoss is absolutely stunning. Its fragrance is similar to the smell of the earth after it rains. This scent was one of the first scents I tried at Calyan, so it holds a special place in my heart.
  • Vetiver + Tonka
    • 10/10 – I’m not going to lie – I had to Google what Vetiver and Tonka were. This scent is beautiful. It’s earthy and musky. If this were a cologne, I’d make my boyfriend wear it.
  • Seaside + Citrus
    • 6/10 – As a beach person, this scent is so much fun. It smells like a bright summer day at the beach with my grandmother making a fresh shrimp cocktail.
  • Musk + Teakwood
    • 7/10 – At first, the word “musk” was so weird as a scent to me, but after trying it out, this is a good scent! This one smells like old money sitting in a room on a rainy day.
  • Redwood + Vanilla
    • 6/10 – I’m not a vanilla scent fan, but this one is so nice. It’s sweet but not too sweet. The redwood balances the vanilla out. It smells like the beginning of fall or the end of spring.
  • Smoke + Leather
    • 8/10 – This is one of Calyan’s most underrated scents. It’s such a light and subtle scent. It’s like waking up the morning after a campfire, and your hair still lightly smells like the smoke from the fire.
  • Cedar + Tobacco
    • 8/10 – Don’t be deterred by the tobacco part of this scent! It smells more like cedar with a hint of earthiness from the tobacco. No, there isn’t any nicotine in the candle. This fragrance is so nice and earthy!
  • Home + Holiday
    • 10/10 – This is the BEST Christmas scent in the world! It smells like a Hallmark movie. I will burn this candle year-round simply for the happiness of the Christmas season.
Kendal Allen is a writer for Her Campus! She is a senior psychology major with a minor in social work at TCU. She hopes to one day become a licensed school social worker and help adolescents in the most formative years of their lives. In her free time, you can commonly find Kendal trying out the latest tea flavor variations at coffee shops and listening to Taylor Swift. She has a deep passion for all things Taylor Swift, the Lord, and cats (especially her cat Cilantro).