This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

The cry in the night sky after a crack in the bat. The happiness in the most sorrowful moments. The coming of people for one single thing – a baseball game. These reasons truly describe why I decided to spend countless hours walking around ballparks throughout the United States. I just enjoy the feeling of being at a game, the chills of what’s to come.

My tour of the MLB stadiums officially began in 2013, when my dad and I made a pact to go to a game at least once at every park. As diehard Texas Rangers fans, my opinions may be a little (okay a lot) bias, but I can admit that nothing beats watching a game of any team inside their home field.

Here are my rankings of all the ballparks I’ve visited so far: 

#16 Tropicana Field

• Location: St. Petersburg, FL
  • Home Team: Tampa Bay Rays
  • Opened in: 1990
  • Capacity: 40,473
  • Date of Visit: September 2016
  • Reason for Visit: Surprise 19th birthday trip

As the last place on the list of ballparks in my baseball journey, Tropicana Field made it very hard to appreciate a good game of baseball. The stereo system seemed a little off, and the tent-looking roof dome made for an eyesore and not a real baseball environment. Surprisingly, though, Tropicana had an immaculate and enjoyable concourse that made up for the limited field views. Ranked by food, Tropicana comes in at #12 with a few unique options and a pretty solid hot dog.

#15 U.S. Cellular Field

• Location: Chicago, IL
  • Home Team: Chicago White Sox
  • Opened in: 1991
  • Capacity: 40,615
  • Date of Visit: May 2016
  • Reason for Visit: I had the option to go to Chicago or go to my senior prom… guess which one I chose

The only reason U.S. Cellular isn’t in last place is that it is much prettier than Tropicana, but the rules made the game hard to enjoy. When my dad and I go to visit stadiums, we usually buy cheaper tickets since we walk around most the time, so, of course, we did the same at U.S. Cellular. We soon learned that with 3rd level tickets, you are unable to go to any other lower concourses. Walking around the half-moon that is the 3rd level a few times, my dad and I had no other choice but to look at the other levels from up high and judge. Overall, I thought U.S. Cellular was pretty plain, and the field itself was ordinary. If the ticket fiasco wouldn’t have happened, I still believe U.S. Cellular would be ranked low because it is pretty unoriginal. Ranked by food, U.S. Cellular ranks #15 with a burnt hot dog that I couldn’t finish and limited options.

#14 Angel Stadium of Anaheim

• Location: Anaheim, CA
  • Home Team: Los Angeles Angels
  • Opened in: 1966
  • Capacity: 45,050
  • Date of Visit: September 2016
  • Reason for Visit: Last trip of the season

Walking in wearing all Rangers gear may have been my first problem, but Angel Stadium didn’t leave me in awe. I was sadly disappointed at the waterfall in center field and the small concourse around the park. It made it very hard to view the game and even though the Angels were playing the Rangers, I didn’t want to stay and watch the whole nine innings. Thankfully, though, Disneyland is only a few short minutes from the ballpark. Ranked by food, Angels Stadium rockets to #5 with an abundance of food and delicious bratwurst.

#13 Yankee Stadium

• Location: Bronx, NY
  • Home Team: New York Yankees
  • Opened in: 2009
  • Capacity: 54,251
  • Date of Visit: July 2013
  • Reason for Visit: All-Star Game

During my tour, I wasn’t impressed by the plain concrete exterior and ordinary interior of Yankee Stadium. I was hoping for something a lot more remarkable to set the Yankees apart from all the rest. However, my opinion may change (for better or for worst) the first time I see a Yankee game with 50,000 diehard Yank fans. I am unable to rank Yankee Stadium by food as of right now.

Check back on Her Campus TCU next week for a continuation of my baseball adventures!

Hello! I am Estelle Cottingham. I am a freshman journalism major at Texas Christian University. I grew up in Southlake, TX with my amazing parents and three older sisters. When I'm not writing, I love watching baseball, dreaming of New York City, and going home to visit my dogs.
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.