The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

The season that we have long been waiting for—and preparing extremely early for—has finally arrived: Christmas. The time of powdery white snow, cozy clothing, warm cookies, and decadent cocoa is finally upon us. (Or, if you’re in Texas, the time of 70° weather, sweating through sweaters, and the variables that remain constant regardless of the weather: warm cookies and cocoa.) Now that it’s November, we can shamelessly blare our favorite holiday songs, watch Christmas movies and specials, and bring out our festive decorations. But with all of the fun holiday cheer and tradition that November brings comes a stressful, pressure-packed task: finding and ordering gifts. 

Buying the perfect gift for loved ones can be exhausting. You want to give that person something thoughtful and that they will really enjoy—a difficult task in itself—while at the same time not spending exorbitant amounts of money. Then there’s the pressure of ordering presents. Popular Christmas-list items go out of stock fast and, if you’re shopping online, it may take a long time for the item to be shipped to you, compounding the difficulty of locating the perfect present with the need to find it fast. So, in order to reduce some of your holiday anxiety, I’ve compiled a list of items that are sure to make the readers in your life smile.

Blind date with a book

When you have a blind date with a book, just like in a regular blind date, you dive into the endeavor not knowing the partner you’ll be receiving, making this gift both exciting and mysterious. Unlike simply ordering a book for someone, a blind date with a book gives that person the added experience of trying to guess what book they will receive and the excitement of opening and finding out what story they got. Additionally, they may receive an amazing book that they perhaps hadn’t heard of before.

When ordering a blind date with a book, you specify what genre of book you desire, and then the seller chooses a surprise book from your chosen genre, covers it with cute wrapping, and sends it to you. Many of these packages also come with additional items that enhance the reading experience, such as tea, bookmarks, or stickers.

Shopping

Personalized Blind Date With a Book Box Gift New Book Pick – Etsy

Blind Date With A Book Paperback Pick a Genre Blind Date – Etsy

Blind Date With a Book Cottage Core Pick Genres Booktok – Etsy

Blind Date With a Book Bookworm Gift Unique Literature – Etsy

Book stamps/embossers

If you’re book-lover friend is like me and is very protective of their books, then a book stamp/embosser is the perfect gift for them. Stamping your books gives you a feeling of ownership over your books. They’re not just some random, unmarked books that could belong to anyone or may not belong to anyone at all; they’re yours. Another aspect of book stamps/embossers that I love is how deeply satisfying the experience of stamping books is. Stamping my books makes me feel productive and as if I have my own little library.

Shopping

Personalized From the Library of Book Embosser Custom Book – Etsy

Personalized Book Embosser Book Stamp Custom Embosser – Etsy

LIBRARY STAMP Book Stamp Custom Library Stamp From the – Etsy

PERSONALIZED BOOK STAMP Self Inking Library Stamp Custom – Etsy

Bookmarks

Bookmarks are an essential item for any reader, and one that you can never have too many of, making them the perfect gift for someone who loves to read. There is a wide variety of fun bookmarks out there, from cute, crocheted designs to fun prints, so it’s safe to say there’s a perfect bookmark for everyone.

Shopping

Crocheted Bookmarks

Crochet Bookmark Snail Crochet Bookmark Crochet Bookmarks – Etsy

Crochet Teabag Bookmark Handmade Bookmark Book Accessories – Etsy

Set of 3 Lavender Crochet Bookmark – Etsy

Sunflower Crochet Bookmarks Strawberry Crochet Bookmarks – Etsy

Froggy Bookmark Crochet Frog Bookmark Unique Crochet Gift – Etsy

Personalized Bookmarks

Customised Personalised Name Bookmark Personalized Book Club – Etsy

Personalized Hand Embroidered Corner Bookmark Felt Triangle – Etsy

Personalized Birth Flower Bookmark With Name Laminated – Etsy

Unique Handmade Custom Bookmark Back to School Gift Teacher – Etsy

Personalized Birth Flower Bookmark With Tasselcustom Birth – Etsy

Paper-print bookmarks

Book Lovers Club Bookmark Feminist Bookmark Bookmark Ticket Cute Bookmark Gift for Book Lover Book Club Female Book Club – Etsy

Do Not Disturb Bookmark Series in My Romance Era Book – Etsy

Autumn Festival Bookmark Pumpkin Fall Bookmark Fall – Etsy

The Gingerbread Cafe Bookmark Christmas Bookmark Cosy – Etsy

Eras Customisable Personalised Bookmark Eras Bookmark Its – Etsy

Tote Bags

Tote bags are a part of a reader’s uniform. They are items we almost never go without carrying. Tote bags are simply the perfect size—not too small like a purse and not too big and cumbersome like a backpack—for carrying a book (or two) and any essentials you may need. Additionally, they come in so many cute, creative prints which make them not only functional but stylish.

Shopping

The New Yorker Tote Bag Everyday Tote Bag New Yorker Artist – Etsy

Hand-printed London Books Tote Bag Durable Cotton Canvas Tote – Etsy

Monet Painting Tote Bag Water Lililes and Japanese Bridge – Etsy

Claude Monet Water Lilies Tote Bag Aesthetic Tote Bagartsy – Etsy

Reading Journals

Reading journals are a great gift for your book-lover friend who likes to write down their thoughts, keep track of the books they’ve read/want to read, copy down insightful quotes, or create sketches of characters or settings. Keeping a reading journal is a great way to track your reading journey and to further personalize the experience of reading. They can also serve as references if you forget the name of a character in a book you read a while ago or if you want to incorporate a quote into an essay or project. These journals also come in different colors, fonts, and patterns, so there’s a lot of room for personalization. 

Shopping

Reading Journal for Book Lover Book Tracker for Booktok or – Etsy

Reading Journal avid Reader – Etsy

Just One More Page My Reading Journal – Etsy

Reading Journal Book Review Journal With Prompts Botanical – Etsy

Book-ish clothing

A crucial part of the reading experience is the environment, including what you’re wearing. To help maximize your book-lover’s reading experience, you can give them a cute, reading-themed sweatshirt which will help them create the perfect warm, cozy environment that facilitates focused reading.

Shopping

Bookish Sweatshirt Book Lover Sweatshirt Gift for Cat Lover – Etsy

Bookworm Sweatshirt Bookish Sweatshirt Book Club Sweatshirt – Etsy

Custom Bookshelf Sweatshirt Personalized Book Crewneck Book – Etsy

I Like Books More Than People Embroidered Sweatshirt Book – Etsy

It’s A Good Day to Read A Book Sweatshirt Retro Book – Etsy

Candles

Another important aspect of the reading experience is the lighting and the smell—two things that a candle can improve. Candles provide the perfect soft glow which helps create a warm, inviting environment in which enjoyable, concentrated reading is propitious. They also emit the most beautiful, delectable smells which can transport the reader to entirely different places. Candles transform the reading experience into a more intimate affair, making a once casual, ordinary activity feel more purposeful and special, and making the reader feel more connected to the text.

Shopping

Mini Reading Book Lover Candle Dark Academia Gift Literary – Etsy

Smells Like Reading Time Soy Wax Candle Gift for Book Lover – Etsy

Oxford Library Wizard’s Library Book Lover Candle Book – Etsy

Bookstore Wax Melt Book Lover Wax Melt Book Inspired – Etsy

Book Lover Candle Book Lover Gift Book Club Gift Avid – Etsy

Book-themed Stickers

Stickers are a fun addition to any gift. There are such a wide variety of stickers, and you can get whole bundles of them for relatively low prices. Additionally, they can be used to personalize and embellish almost anything, including water bottles, computers, folders, and more.

Shopping

100 Literary & Book Sticker Pre-wrapped Gift Colorful Reading – Etsy

Bookish Stickers Kindle Stickers Book Stickers – Etsy

100pcs Reading Book Stickers Waterproof Mystery Sticker Pack – Etsy

Mugs

There exist two necessities that are common amongst almost all readers: coffee and tea. So, given this information, a cute mug is a perfect gift for a book-lover who enjoys reading while drinking a hot cup of coffee or tea (or hot chocolate given the time of year).

Shopping

Book Lover Gift. Abibliophobia Mug. Vintage Reader Coffee Cup. – Etsy

Just One More Chapter Book Club Gifts Book Lovers Mug Book – Etsy

Book Lover Mug Bookish Mugs 11oz Mug – Etsy

Its A Good Day to Read Bookish Mug Booktok Bookworm Mug Book – Etsy

Just One More Chapter Reading Mug Book Lover Mug Librarian – Etsy

Coffee Mug Book Lover Gift Glass Coffee Mug Libbey Glass – Etsy

A closing note

All of the product links I have listed in this article are from Etsy, meaning that, if you are interested in purchasing any of these products for your book-lover friend, you should order them now, since Etsy products always take longer to arrive. 

Katherine Stevenson is the Senior Editor of the Her Campus at TCU chapter. She is an avid reader and, as such, enjoys writing about books—more specifically, classics—as well as movies and TV shows. Katherine is currently a freshman at Texas Christian University studying business and English. Katherine was the co-editor of her high-school’s World Languages Magazine, Alebrije, for two years. Katherine loves to read, make art, travel, bake, and try new restaurants and cafes. She is very passionate about classic literature (particularly Russian literature), and one of her favorite activities is going to bookstores with a good cup of coffee in hand.