This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

It is finally my favorite time of year! This past week as I swapped out crop tops for sweaters, I shuddered with excitement thinking about all of the wonderful things that make the fall my favorite season. Let’s be real though; as college students, while we want to take the time to stare at the trees changing colors and take in the cool gusts of wind, the transition to this time of year can be a stressful time academically. That is why I have conjured up a list of my favorite self-care tidbits I love taking part in around this time of year to relax and take my mind off of the long list of tasks I have.

1. Fall Drinks!

There is nothing better to start or end your day with than a delicious beverage. As a coffee connoisseur myself, I have my fall blend, pumpkin spice, and salted caramel mocha coffee blends sitting right next to my Keurig. If coffee isn’t what I’m feeling, I love drinking piping hot chai. While a college campus isn’t suitable for making chai with fresh, grounded spices on the stove, store-bought tea bags do the trick. If you are just as enthusiastic about the fall as I am, the amazing brand Tazo has a special pumpkin spice chai flavor that never fails to bring a smile to my face! Last but certainly not least, is a classic holiday treat: hot chocolate! There is nothing better to complement a movie night with friends than hot chocolate. Topped with whipped cream, dark cocoa, and a hint of cinnamon, hot chocolate is the perfect way to let out the stress.

2. Face Masks/Skin Care

Who doesn’t love a face mask that makes your skin glow? In all seriousness, as the weather changes and it becomes colder, it is easy for our skin to get dry. In addition to moisturizers, face masks are a great way for your skin to feel rejuvenated. Fenty’s Cookies n Clean face mask offers that moisture and glow everyone is looking for, and is a personal favorite this time of year.

One more face mask that I love (sensitive skin people listen up!!) is the Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask. Having used this for a couple of years, I can say without doubt that it is one of my favorite skin products for dry skin at this time of year!

3. Fun Adventures

Being at TCU, there is a plethora of fall fun that the DFW area offers this time of year. A classic place I have gone to many times is Hall’s Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze a short thirty-minute drive away in Grapevine, Texas. Whether it’s being a kid again and going on a hayride, running through the corn maze, apple bobbing, or taking photos in a sea of pumpkins, this spot is a great place to decompress and get into the fall spirit! A couple hours away in Waco, Texas, fall brings special events to the Magnolia market! Although it’s a bit of a drive, the silos in Waco offer a great place to check out fall décor and treats!

4. Indulge in Food

As a foodie and baked goods lover, fall is the best season to indulge in some of my favorite sweet treats. Biting into scrumptious pumpkin bread brings back childhood memories of waking up and making baked goods with my family while laughing around the kitchen island. Of course, we can’t forget about the iconic Taylor Swift chai cookies. Making sugar cookies, filled with chai spice, and topped with a nutmeg glaze, is the perfect way to spend time with friends, family, and loved ones!

As the fall and holiday season starts to gear up in full force, remember to take care of yourself. Rely on the people around you and be sure to make time to have fun and create fond memories that you can look back on and smile! Sweater weather is officially here, and I can’t wait to see what this season has in store.

Vinisha Inaganti is a writer for the Her Campus chapter at TCU. She is a junior neuroscience major and enjoys writing about sports and culture in addition to science and its applications in the real world. Beyond Her Campus, Vinisha is an RA through Housing and Residence life at TCU, the treasurer of the John V. Roach honor's cabinet, a research assistant at the Institute of Behavioral Research, and most importantly the biggest horned frogs football fan. In her free time Vinisha loves to listen to podcasts, go on long walks, watch football (both kinds), hang out with family and friends, travel, and most of all meet new people!