8 Guilt-Free Snack Ideas for Those Midnight Cravings!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Ever hear your stomach start to growl late at night while you’re anxiously trying to finish that paper due the next day? Or maybe while you’re binge watching One Tree Hill? Well, being avid night-time snackers ourselves, we decided to do some research on what health experts claimed to be the best snacks to munch on before bedtime, if necessary. Eating before you sleep isn’t highly recommended, but if you’re going to do it, try these snacks we came up with!

1.    Rice cake with almond butter and a chopped banana (add honey for a sweetener!)

This is a great, light snack that will keep you content if you’re craving something salty and sweet. It has good, healthy amounts of fat and protein and is light in cals.

2.    Greek yogurt with granola

This easy and yummy snack helps with sweet cravings, and the protein in it will make you feel satisfied to sleep at peace with a full tummy. Try KIND maple quinoa clusters with chia seeds granola for a guilt free sweet addition!  

3.    Skinny girl popcorn

Good tasting and a light snack to munch on without feeling guilty whatsoever!

4.   Celery dipped in hummus or peanut butter 

Celery dipped in anything is probably a good choice… (try Justins peanut butter, its our all time favorite!)

5.   Dark chocolate trail mix (for a sweet tooth)

If you’re craving something sweet, dark chocolate is your best bet. It contains antioxidants which are really good for your body! So, in moderation, go for it without feeling the guilt.

6.   String cheese

This is the easiest thing to grab out of the fridge if you’re lazy. It’s also filling because of the protein and fat content, and only 80 calories! Plus who doesn’t love pulling off the strings of cheese.

7.    A bowl of cereal

Sorry but put down the Fruit Loops… and pick up a whole grain one- try go one! It’s sweet tasting, but has the whole grains to consider it healthy.

8.   Apple and almond butter

Good fiber and healthy fat to make you feel full, but not overly full.

Happy snacking! 

My name is Kristina Genau and I am a sophomore at TCU. I decided to become part of the HerCampus staff because writing has always been a huge passion of mine and I wanted to continue building on my skill. Having the opportunity to write for Her Campus allows me to display my passion in more creative ways outside of boring research papers. I have a huge imagination which I think only strengthens my love for writing.
Hi, I'm Brittany! I am a Sophomore Strategic Communications major at TCU. I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I am apart of Greek life and love being involved on campus! I decided to join the HC team because I'm interested in writing and feel like this website is a great way to reach out to the TCU community.