11 Undeniable Perks of Being a Local

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

There really is no place like home.

1. If you have a car, it’s probably on campus. Not having to depend on anyone to get around is something that often gets overlooked, but it’s a real blessing.

2. You have thorough knowledge of all the malls and stores in the DFW area. You’ve probably had to recommend a mall to someone at least once, and you have your go-to answer.

3. Food is nothing to joke about, and chances are, you’re an expert on all local cuisine. You know just where to go for the best queso, burgers, and basically anything you’re in the mood for.

4. The joy of introducing your new friends to all of your favorite things is hard to match. Showing them around your go-to places and watching them piece together the stories you’ve told them is pretty much priceless.

5. A home cooked meal is only a short drive away, for when the Frog Bucks run out, the campus cash is running low, and microwavable food has tragically become a staple in your diet.

6. Traffic knowledge. You know that we live construction project to construction project around here and that trying to leave the city after 3 p.m. becomes its own ordeal, so you’ve long ago learned to plan accordingly.

7. Zero move-in day stress. Oh no, you forgot something at home. Whatever are you to do?

8.  PETS.

9. You’re probably regarded as the premiere authority on choosing where to go amongst your friends, which is really the smartest way to go.

10. There’s no need for you to get used to the weather. One of the most common complaints from out of state students is Texas’ weather, but shorts in January and tornado warnings are just another day for you.

11. You’re surrounded by Horned Frog Pride all year long. If you leave your house, chances are that you’ll see at least one person wearing TCU purple.

Photo Source

I like watching movies and making movies. Oh, and dinosaurs, I like dinosaurs.