10 Ways To Procrastinate During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Procrastinate for finals with these ten easy steps! 

1. Read this article!

You get to procrastinate by reading this AND you’ll get more ideas on how to further run away from your responsibilities. It’s like you are killing two birds with one very unmotivated stone.

2. Organize your notes.

Better yet, organize everything. Closet, online documents, pictures, snack drawer, you name it. You still get the illusion of being productive without actually having to retain any knowledge for the time being.

3. Take a nap.

You just need a 30 minute nap to refresh yourself then you’ll go back to studying, right? (Not including the 20 minutes spent on Pinterest while trying to fall asleep and the 2 episodes of “Friends” you watch.)

4. Make a detailed schedule of when and how you are going to study.

And then realize you literally spent the whole day planning when you were going to study instead of actually studying. This can also go hand in hand with the organizing all of your things for those who are the procrastinating experts.

5. Start packing up your room.

I mean, you have to pack at some point. Why not start now and get ahead of the game? (Even though you still have to live in that room for the next week but its fine.)

6.  Look at old pictures from the beginning of the semester.

And probably cry because you saw how happy and carefree you used to be.

7. Learn a dance to your favorite song so you can perform it for your friends.

Or you could perform it for yourself, that’s fine too. Personally, I would go for Beyoncé’s “Who Run The World” because female empowerment is more important than studying.

*I would like to point out that yes, that is Channing Tatum dressed as Beyoncé

8. Bake cookies.

Nothing says “stress eating” like a plate of warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies. If you give them to the cute boy down the hall you haven’t talked to all year long, chances are he’ll be procrastinating too. So look, now you have a friend.

9.Follow the Instagram account “Pupflix.”

Cuteness… endless videos of cuteness.

10. Facebook stalk your friends who have finals a week later than you.

You can pretend that you’re still having fun in college and aren’t currently drowning in a pile of tears and textbooks.

Photo Source

Just a (sort of) small town girl now living in a college world. Hobbies include petting stranger's dogs, eating popcorn by the fistful, and still trying to make fetch happen.