Style

Your Fall Wardrobe Just Got Cuter with These 7 Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This fall’s forecast is calling for simple 90’s style, cozy sweaters, and of course, the rebirth of cheetah print as a hot trend. Here are some great pieces to add to your fall wardrobe that are simple and super on-trend. 

Cheetah Print

Cheetah is having a moment right now! Every store is packing a punch with the cheetah print pants, dresses and tops. Pairing a cheetah skirt with a tied band tee keeps it on-trend and casual, or dress up a plain outfit with a pop of cheetah in a shoe. 

Gold Jewelry 

Today, any outfit is instantly chic and “Pinterest” pleasing with the addition of gold jewelry. Layering gold necklaces, a vintage coin necklace, and some gold hoops upgrade any outfit. 

Mom Jeans

Bench your go-to skinnies and try a pair of high-waisted mom jeans, reminiscent of 90’s style and very trendy for the fall. This style is popping up in stores everywhere, and you can pair it with any of your favorite tees or sweaters when the weather gets cooler.

Mules

When it isn’t quite boot weather but it’s too chilly for sandals, a pair of mules or slip-on flats pair great with fall fashion. 

Chunky Sweater

The cozy sweater never goes out of style. The chunky, grandpa-style sweater is popping up everywhere for fall, and hey, the bigger, the comfier. 

Mustard Pieces

Mustard is an iconic fall color that’s gained a lot of popularity in the past year. This color is sure to splatter every storefront, so try wearing it in a cute sweater, skirt or anything you’d like.

Plaid Skirt

Plaid is classic of fall and winter, and it is so cute and cozy in a skirt. Pair a plaid skirt with a solid sweater and you have a Pinterest-worthy outfit. 

Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.