This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

There are so many reasons to love fall and winter, one of which is the nail polish colors that come out during theses seasons every year! As much as I love bright nails in the spring and summer, when the weather starts to get cool, dark blues, greens, reds, and purples dominate the nail salons. Here is my Fall/Winter Nail Guide for 2018 separated by color!

Oranges

Essie Playing Koi

This is an amazing shade for the remainder of fall! It looks just like pumpkin pie filling and it’s so pretty on the nail. Some people are hesitant when choosing a darker orange because they’re scared it will look brown. But this is a rich dark orange and it doesn’t fade, even after two week of wear!

You can find this beautiful nail shade here

OPI Freedom of Peach

Unlike Playing Koi, this orange is much lighter for the girls who don’t really vibe with the dark nail trend. Freedom of Peach still has fall vibes that will make you feel festive, while also rocking a light peachy color that will remind you of the warmer weather!

You can find this sweet shade here!

Reds

OPI Big Apple Red

Everyone needs a bright shiny red for the holidays! This is great for rocking at a holiday party, a new years party, or even just to feel festive throughout December! It is a bright shade but it’s super festive and fun!

You can find this popping shade here!

OPI Como Se Llama?

This is a beautiful rich dark shade that reminds of red wine! It’s great for girls who like dark and lowkey shades that aren’t so in your face! You can rock this anytime from October to March so it’s a staple to my collection!

You can find this rich shade here!

Purples

OPI Black Cherry

This is such a beautiful dark purple! It’s great because it is very dark, but doesn’t look black on your nails. It still has that vibrant purple, while at the same time being dark! It’s a really unique shade that can be worn throughout all the cold months!

You can find this unique shade here!

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

This is definitely my dark go to every fall and winter! It’s such a deep purple that it almost looks black on the nail, but when the light hits it, you can see the beautiful deep purple shade! It is probably my all time favorite nail color that I find myself wearing weeks in a row!

You can find this deep dark shade here!

Blues

Deborah Lippmann After Midnight

Deborah Lippmann is definitely considered a luxury nail polish brand, making this shade a little more pricey than the others. BUT with that being said, this is the most beautiful blue shade, Allure Magazine named this shade “2018 Best of Beauty Award Winner!” It’s a dark shade, which fits into the dark nail tend of fall and winter, but it’s not too dark that this deep blue is lost! I’ve also found that Deborah Lippmann’s nail colors tend to not chip almost twice as long as regular nail brands  

You can find this navy blue shade here!

Teal The Cows Come Home

This is a very different shade from the rest of the colors mentioned in this winter nail guide! It’s a bright teal with specks of sparkles that looks so dazzling on the nails. This is great for January snow storms and just gives a cool icy feel that will match the freezing January weather!

You can find this dazzling beauty here!

Greys

Deborah Lippmann She Wolf

This is a really cool color. Typically most people wear dark grey colors on their nails, especially in the cold months. But this is a really interesting light cool tone grey is great for any women who like a more natural yet festive color of the winter! Also, this was another Allure Beauty Winner of 2018!

You can find this light shade here!

Deborah Lippmann Grey Day

I am completely obsessed with this color! It’s a blueish light grey that just reminds me of snowflakes and icey vibes! It is such a beautiful and unique shade! I haven’t seen a shade like this one before so I had to incorporate it!

You find this icey shade here!

Greens

Essie Wrap Party

The Essie Website refers to this color as an “inky & mysterious midnight green” and I think that despectiption is absolutely perfect for this dark green shade! This is great for people who don’t want to wear reds but still feel festive during the Christmas Season!

You can find this Christmas Tree Green here!

OPI I Do It My Run Way

This is definitely a festive green! It’s super bright just like the color of mistletoe! This is a great shade for anyone who wants to be super festive this season!

You can find this festive green here!

Sparkles

Deborah Lippmann Weird Science

This yellow gold shimmer shade is the perfect New Years party color! You can wear it on all your nails or just your ring finger!

You can find this golden shimmer shade here!

Deborah Lippmann Can’t Be Tamed

This fun bronzy sparkle shade is super fun and can be added on top of any shade to make it pop! This can be worn on top of matte shades, by itself, or only on your ring finger!

You can find this dark bronze here!

Deborah Lippmann Crimson and Clover

This is a beautiful dark rich crimson sparkle shade! It’s very thick, so I would recommend wearing it by itself instead as a top coat! It’s sparkly but it’s also very low key and not so in your face!

You can find this deep sparkle shade here!

I hope you enjoy all my nail suggestions for the rest of fall and winter! Remember that nail polish is not that deep and you shouldn’t be afraid to try shades you may be hesitant about trying! It’s all having fun and expressing yourself!

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.