This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

My favorite way to pamper myself every now and then is a good gel manicure. I don’t mind spending the extra money on getting it done because I enjoy having a well done manicure! After years of getting my nails done now, winter is my favorite season for pretty and different nail color/design choices! So, whether you like to get your nails done like me, or are looking for something easy you can do on your own here are some winter nail ideas.

1. If you like to keep it simple with just one color, my suggestion is keep the colors either very light or very dark. Try light/baby blue, white, dark maroon, grey (dark or light), silver, or mauve!

2. If you are looking for something a little more than just one color, try considering an accent nail. You can make your ring finger the accent or your pointer it’s really up to you! For a wintery accent I suggest using a silver glitter on one nail and grey or white on the rest. You can also use a light blue accent with silver nails. If you want a more holiday themed accent, consider red nails with a white accent nail, or red with a forest green accent.

3. If you want something just above the accent nail but not too crazy try doing two accent nails. This is my favorite type of design because it is more fun than just a solid color but it is also not too crazy. I really like the color combination of grey, silver glitter, and white, where three nails are grey, one is white and one is glitter. You can play around with different color combinations depending on if you want a holiday theme or just a winter theme. On one of the accent nails you can try a design to such as red stripes or a snowflake.

4. If you really like to jazz up your nails for the holidays, this is where I suggest going all out with designs. On every nail you can do a different design like a candy cane, snowflake, Santa hat, Christmas tree, and a present all on different nails. These are really fun nails that you will get lots of compliments on for being bold! If you don’t want to do holiday themed but still very decorative, my suggestion is do a similar thing as explained above but with a snowflake, snowman, mitten, and a cute small polar bear. You can also just paint each of your nails a different solid color, if you are not a big fan of designs!

Winter nails are my favorite because there is a lot of room for interpretation and what you think looks best. Winter nails can be fun to play around with whether you like design or like to stick to more traditional nails!

Sophomore at TCNJ
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.