This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Life can be hard at times. That’s sadly just the way it is. But what I’ve come to learn is that you have to make the most out of what you have and feel excited about anything. During the summer, I read a post on Tumblr that was telling people to romanticize their life because it makes their life so much more worth living. After reading this I realized they were right and it wouldn’t hurt to try this out for a change. I started out by imagining I was in a rom-com or any TV show filmed during the 90’s or early 2000’s since they would make me feel nostalgic and warm inside. Any time I felt overwhelmed or stressed about schoolwork, I imagined I was in one of those movies or shows and asked myself: what would I need to do to my surroundings to replicate those feelings? I started by lighting candles in my room, hanging up string lights, and playing my favorite instrumental music. I created this vibe in the room that made me feel warm inside and I told myself that I was living out those movies and TV shows. My mindset completely changed in that moment and I felt motivated to do schoolwork, in fact, I fell in love with it. I now do this every time I feel stressed. 

Now I’m not saying you have to live your life based on a fictional TV show, that would be unrealistic. I’m saying that you should take a look at your surroundings and feel excited about at least one thing. For me, I love living my life like I’m in Sex and The City or Gossip Girl. For you, it could be waking up to a warm sunrise, drinking a cup of coffee, and dancing to your favorite playlist (this is also one of my favorite things to do). Stop dwelling on the negative things in life and start living your life the way you want to. There’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t try to feel like what you’re currently doing is exciting. Life is too short to not be happy. 

Hi I’m Anagha!! I’m a senior in college. I love all things beauty, especially makeup and skincare. I review makeup products on my beauty account on Instagram @beautybyanagha. I am always watching out for new collections so expect content whenever anything drops :)
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!