This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Everyone knows those people who start listening to Christmas music the second the leaves change colors. Personally, I have always been against this. I think Thanksgiving season is so overlooked for no good reason. People rush through fall just to get to the depressive dark winter time that the Christmas season can be. Not to degrade Christmas, but I think that there is a time and place for it, and that people will appreciate it so much more if they let Thanksgiving run its course.

Source

Thanksgiving season is a time to appreciate the Fall season and the people around you. Not to mention the great food and desserts that this time brings. Pumpkin flavored things are also a reason to not rush to Christmas time food. Try a pumpkin donut from Dunkin Donuts, and you won’t disagree with me.

Source

I may be partial to this season because my family actively celebrates and hosts Thanksgiving for the rest of my extended family. But, I genuinely recommend going all in on the season and seeing how you feel after it. I always feel so refreshed and happy with my life after spending quality time at home with the people in my life, whether that be friends or family.

Senior, Early Childhood/Special Education and English Major. 
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.