Why Kamil From The Bachelor Franchise is the Absolute Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Let’s be real- the Bachelor franchise is addicting. Whether you love or if you hate it, you can’t stop watching it. There’s something about beautiful people dressed in amazing clothes competing for the love of  a “bachelor” or a “bachelorette,” that draws the attention of millions. The franchise is so popular in fact, that it now has four shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Bachelor Winter Games, and Bachelor in Paradise.

The first time Bachelor viewers met Kamil, was on Becca’s season of the Bachelorette- he didn’t make a good impression. Upon arriving at the bachelor mansion to meet Becca, Kamil greeted her by saying, “I truly feel in relationships, it’s important for us to meet halfway.” Becca, who had a very public break up with the last Bachelor Arie, seemed pleased by this statement and began to speak about having a 50/50 relationship. Kamil then bargained that instead of having a 50/50 bond, he wanted a 60/40 one. First of all, Kamil’s bizarre comment completely contradicted his opening line, because he claimed to have wanted a healthy relationship, where both parties met halfway. And second, why on the earth would someone say this to a potential girlfriend? It was then no surprise when Becca eliminated him on the first night.   

Image Source

Kamil was then given the chance to redeem himself, when he was casted to be on Bachelor in Paradise. Unlike the Bachelor and Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise takes place in a secluded beach paradise in Mexico and there is not only one winner. All former Bachelor and Bachelorette cast members come together to explore future relationships and each week try to make connections strong enough so they don’t get eliminated.

Kamil and Annalise made a connection after Annalise had already been dumped by Jordan and Kenny. It was obvious from early on that Annalise was a lot more invested in their relationship than Kamil was. The first sign of trouble came on episode 8 before the rose ceremony, where the men had the roses. Chelsea, another cast member, approached Kamil and spoke about how she thought that he and Annalise were not a good fit for each other. In response to this, Kamil said, “I wish I could have met everyone here before Annalise.” Chelsea then told Annalise that Kamil was interested in her. The whole situation seemed sketchy, but Kamil ended up giving his rose to Annalise anyway.

The following week, when new cast member Shushana arrived, it was very obvious that she was attracted to Kamil. Even though Annalise and Kamil had stated that they were an item, Kamil agreed to go on a date with Shushana. This caused Annalise to have multiple breakdowns but in the end the couple remained together. Obviously, Kamil does not care about Annalise the way that she does about him.

During the Bachelor in Paradise finale, Kamil was seen multiple times questioning his relationship with Annalise to the other men. It was very surprising when Kamil accepted Annalise’s invitation to the fantasy suite, because he seemed rather uninterested, while she continuously proclaimed  her love for him. The following day Kamil did not purpose, I don’t think anyone was surprised, but it was surprising when they decided to leave paradise still a couple.    

Image Source

When the reunion show aired, I was shocked to see that Annalise and Kamil had been making their long distance relationship work after many months past filming. When host Chris Harrison spoke to Annalise about their relationship, it was obvious that they were not in the best place. When Kamil had been asked to come and speak with Chris and Annalise, he decided to publicly break up with Annalise.

Image Source

Kamil is obviously an awful person. Annalise had disclosed that they had planned to spend the week together in LA and that she was completely blindsided by this. He completely humiliated her not only in front of hundreds of audience members, but the millions of people who tuned in to watch the reunion show. Haven’t these men learned from Arie’s season that, they should have the dignity to end their relationship privately? Kamil obviously did it for the fame and for the ratings, which is really pathetic. Hopefully, Annalise will find someone who will love her unconditionally, the way she deserves. Do I hear a future Bachelorette?    

Image Source

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.