This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Not everyone agrees with leggings as pants and that’s okay- to each their own! While you should probably make sure you can’t see straight through them, leggings can be very practical, convenient, and EXTREMELY comfortable.

1. Leggings are forgiving

Eat a little more than you wanted to on that Valentine’s Day date? Skip the gym 7 days in a row last week? Leggings know, and within reason, expand to your needs- while still somehow doing a good job of keeping the muffin top under control.

2. They can be dressed up and down

Leggings can be lazy pants, but leggings can also be dressy pants! Depending on what look you’re going for, you can pair them with a t-shirt and sneakers or a nice blouse and heels; either way they won’t look out of place.

3. They make your butt look good

Whether you readily admit it or pretend it’s only for the comfort, we all know leggings help a certain area look its best.

4. They’re comfortable

When clothing gets increasingly more uncomfortable and tighter, there’s nothing wrong with a quality pair of leggings.