This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

“We’re in the Endgame now,” said Dr. Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) before he disappeared in The Snap. Ever since then, I’ve been anxiously anticipating what’s to come by re-watching the Marvel movies. As a result, here are the top four movies that you should re-watch before seeing Avengers: Endgame.

1. The Avengers

This is the epic first movie with all of the Avengers. It will introduce you to the group’s charismatic dynamic with heroes such as Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk and more. The villain Loki, “The God of Mischief” is Thor’s adopted brother and they have a complicated relationship. Nick Fury assembles the team as a Director for S.H.I.E.L.D., a government agency within the Marvel universe. If you’d like to know more about S.H.I.E.L.D. feel free to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., however, it’s not a must-see before Avengers: Endgame.

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

This movie introduces Peter Quill, a lovable, idiotic Starlord, along with Rocket, Gamora, and Drax. It also shows us that Thanos had already started his search for the Infinity Stones and that he’s been carefully plotting for a while.

3. Captain America: Civil War

This is the first time we see Tom Holland as Spider-Man. There is also an epic showdown between Captain America and Iron-Man over the Accords. This is a fight that will take a lot of strength for everyone to bounce back from.

4. Avengers: Infinity War

This is basically Part 1 for Avengers: Endgame I believe it is important to see this if you’re unable to re-watch anything else. Bring tissues for The Snap and other heart-wrenching scenes. If you’ve got Netflix, watch Avengers: Infinity War or borrow a friend’s copy!

If you’re short on time for re-watching Marvel movies then I recommend watching this YouTube clip.  

If you’ve already seen it but want an alternate ending, then I recommend watching one of the super cafe videos on Avengers: Infinity War.

In Avengers: Endgame, we know that Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) will be introduced to the Avengers and that there will be one epic fight given previous Marvel movies. Although there is no post-credit scene, there is a brief audio clip for fans to look forward to. Some of the newcomers that I was ecstatic to see were Tilda Swinton (famous for her role as The White Witch in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe) and Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why) join the cast.

Amani is a senior at The College of New Jersey. She is currently an English Literature major with a minor in psychology.
Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.