Victoria Herlocker: Writer, Philanthropist, World-Traveler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Victoria Herlocker is a wide array of things: vibrant, sociable and sweet as can be. She’s Her Campus TCNJ’s former Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent, but that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this boss lady.

As a Journalism and Professional Writing major, she seems to have truly explored the major’s options in her last four years; as she’s had an internship at a magazine, radio station and television station. She’s minoring in marketing and communications, rounding out her extensive knowledge and resume.

Currently, Herlocker is a Feature Editor for Her Campus TCNJ, where she oversees and edits academic and career-driven articles. This is the senior’s fourth year writing and editing for the on-campus, female-empowered magazine.

“What I love about Her Campus is how different all of our writers are,” she said, “and that [Her Campus] is an outlet for anybody who wants to have their voice heard.” Herlocker noted the variety of articles on the magazine’s website, explaining that alone showcases how different the writers are.

Herlocker has also devoted much of her time at TCNJ to her sorority, Delta Phi Epsilon (DPhiE), which she joined as a freshman. Last year, she served on the sorority’s E-Board as the Vice President of Programming.

“Along with the help from my sisters, I organized philanthropy events for the 2018 school year,” she said. Herlocker said holding this position was one of the most meaningful experiences that she’s ever had. “It made me so proud to be in DPhiE!”

Her favorite part of the position was planning ANAD Week, a week in November dedicated to one of DPhiE’s philanthropies – Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. “Along with our ANAD chairs, I organized a week’s worth of events to raise awareness for eating disorders and to promote body positivity.”

IMG Source: Victoria Herlocker

If you can’t find Victoria in a Her Campus meeting or with her DPhiE sisters, she’s probably tied up in a new crime/mystery novel or binge-watching The Office, The Bachelor, or This Is Us.

But, there’s also a good chance she might be MIA because she’s across the globe in London, Paris, maybe Tokyo?

But seriously, this lady is quite the traveler. “I’ve been to Italy, Paris and Amsterdam, but I would love to see more of Europe,” she said. “I take a lot of videos when I travel, and when I get home I put together a little movie about the trip.”

IMG Source: Victoria Herlocker

Going into her last semester at TCNJ, Herlocker’s focus is set on graduating with a job. Although her ambitions are strong and her mind is set on success, she wants to enjoy what’s left of her time at TCNJ.

“It hasn’t hit me yet that this is my last semester of college, but I’m sure that will happen soon,” she said. “I feel like I just moved into Travers 9! I want to spend as much time as I can with the people who made my college experience so great,” Herlocker said.

Upon reflection of her collegiette life, Herlocker shared a word of advice for younger students: “Say yes to any opportunity that presents itself, keep making friends after freshman year and try new things!” She also said that academically, the best thing you can do for yourself if to start joining clubs or applying to internships that interest you.

After all, that’s what’s helped Victoria get to the successful place she is now!

IMG Source: Victoria Herlocker

Thanks for all you’ve done for Her Campus TCNJ! We wouldn’t be the organization we are without you, Victoria! HCXO.

Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.
Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.