The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

If you’re anything like me you are always looking for unique brands who are producing innovative products to check out. Of course we can always appreciate the classic names like Fenty Beauty, Tarte Cosmetics and NARS, but it can be just as fun to explore brands that are producing products that don’t get as much attention. 

Below are some brands worth checking out that you can find at Ulta or on Ulta.com

Youthforia
Launched in 2021, Youthforia is a clean, sustainable makeup brand. What makes Youthforia different is their innovation to create makeup you can sleep in. On their website they write “At Youthforia, we believe that makeup is an extension of your skincare – and we’re innovating with makeup you can sleep in. We love the mix of elevated playfulness, and high quality unique formulas. A dose of fun without compromising on performance, or skin health.” Youthforia is changing the makeup game with unique products like BYO BLUSH which adapts to the pH of your skin and changes color to give you a unique shade and their DATE NIGHT Serum Foundation,the first ever foundation you can sleep in. 

Indie Lee
Although this brand launched in 2009, it seems like one of the most overlooked skincare brands at Ulta. Indie Lee is a clean beauty brand whose motto is “Grounded in nature. Supported through science. Inspired by life.” Personally, I am super interested in checking out this Discovery Kit including three of their best selling skincare products that are suitable for all skin types. 

HALF MAGIC
In 2023, Half Magic launched in Ulta. You may have seen the brand when it blew up on TikTok, primarily because of co-founder Donni Davy, the makeup artist from Euphoria. Half Magic sells vibrant, fierce makeup to help you stand out. “HALF MAGIC is for makeup extroverts and introverts, newbies and pros, young and old. It’s for the boldest of the bold, as well as the understated minimalist. It’s for the red carpet, the silver screen, or the grocery store. Whether you follow the rules or break them, you’re the other half of this magic – we’re thrilled that you’re here,” says Half Magic. One of their best selling products to channel your inner Jules or Maddie is their Glitterpuck Pressed Glitter, which claims to give the skin a “fairy-like” shimmer. 

One Love Organics
One Love Organics specializes in clean holistic skincare, packed with vitamins and antioxidants for fresh, radiant skin. This trial kit Dreamy Clean Kit exclusively found on their website includes their cleansing oil, facial cleanser and moisturizer. The kit would be a great way to try out some of their best selling products including Hailey Bieber’s favorite cleansing oil

Polite Society 
Newly launched in Ulta in August, 2023, Polite Society comes from the creators Too Faced cosmetics. Their brand is all about bringing clean -but never boring- beauty products to the market. I would check out their Greatest Lashes of All Time Mascara. Many of their rave reviews claim this mascara lengthens, provides instant volume and curl.  

FEKKAI
FEKKAI is a high-performance, professional clean hair care line. Their mission is “To create high performance, salon professional products that shatter the myth that ‘clean products’ are less performative. Our brand promise, ‘clean without compromise’ refers to both the planet and the user experience,” says FEKKAI. I would be interested in trying their popular Apple Cider Detox Scrub or their Straight Balm for my frizzy hair. 

Samantha Schepelenko is a student at The College of New Jersey. She is a senior Journalism and Professional Writing major with a Comm minor. She hopes to write for the beauty and fashion industry one day :)