sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Travel Guide to Turks and Caicos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Welcome to the most wonderful, absolutely stunning country and island of Turks and Caicos. Where the turquoise blue waters meet the white sandy beaches and relaxation is the main way of life. Travelers can expect to seek pure beauty, adventure, and tranquility. Let’s explore the wonders of Turks and Caicos and undercover the most amazing points and reasons on why it’s a must-visit destination for any traveler.

Best time to Travel

As Turks and Caicos is an extremely hot island with very warm temperatures, the recommended time to travel is surely during the winter months. The months between July – November for the Caribbean is hurricane season and although you are able to still travel to the island, it is not recommended because of the possible cancellations of travel. During the months of December – March, you will find Turks and Caicos to be at a perfect set temperature of 75 – 85 degrees with constant warm waters. As a personal preference this is something I would definitely consider.

Unveiling the Gems of Turks and Caicos

Turks and Caicos compromises of 40 islands and cays offering unique charm. Now, 40 may seem a lot to choose from and focus on just one, but Providenciales, referred to as “Provo,” is the most developed island within the country. Visitors will find world-class resorts such as beaches and sandals, a numerous amount of dining options and an array of thrilling activities for family and friends to partake in. My family and I visited this location and we were a family of adults, teens and children. With that being said, it was the most perfect place for all of us to keep busy, have fun, and take part in all the memorable moments it had to offer.

Beach Bliss

Turks and Caicos is truly best known for their most beautiful, breathtaking beaches. The most consistently ranked beach in Turks is known as Grace Bay Beach. Surprisingly, we found that this beach stretched for 12 miles across the island along Provo’s north coast. The beach is covered in such amazing, powdery soft sand and the most crystal-clear waters you can ever imagine. If you are looking for the perfect spot to swim, snorkel, or simply just lounge on the most beautiful Caribbean land, Grace Bay Beach is the perfect spot for you.

The Perfect Underwater Wonderland

Turks and Caicos boasts some of the most spectacular coral reefs in the world, making it a haven for divers and snorkelers. Dive into the vibrant underwater world of the Turks and Caicos Barrier Reef, the third-largest barrier reef system globally, teeming with colorful marine life, including tropical fish, sea turtles, and rays. As someone who experienced a memory to last forever, I recommend the French Cay to explore the underwater world of Turks and Caicos. The French Cay offers the most affordable and time managed opportunities that my family found perfect for the 16 of us to do together.

Practical Tips for Travelers

After traveling to the island this past January, something I want to share with you before embarking on your journey to Turks and Caicos, here are a few practical tips to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience:

• Currency: The official currency is the US dollar.
  • Language: English is the official language spoken throughout the islands.
  • Transportation: Taxis and rental cars are readily available on Provo, while inter-island flights and ferry services connect the other islands.
  • Climate: Turks and Caicos enjoys a tropical climate with year-round sunshine, so don’t forget to pack plenty of sunscreen and lightweight clothing.
  • Safety: While the islands are generally safe for travelers, it’s always wise to exercise caution and be mindful of your surroundings.
21 🩵 tcnj student | criminology major 📚 Weight lifter 🏋️‍♀️ Photographer 📸 Fitness enthusiast 💪🏼