This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

If you can’t get enough of spooky season like me, then I have some podcasts that you will love. These hauntingly good podcasts will send shivers down your spine and keep you up at night. With the pandemic, the election, and natural disasters, it feels like the entire year of 2020 has been scary, not just this fall season. 

Unlike the spooky tales of ghosts and monsters from our childhood, though, these fears are real. With all of the chaos going on in the world right now, we sometimes need an escape from reality. One of my favorite ways to do this is to listen to podcasts. Therefore, in honor of spooky season – which, for me at least, lasts until the end of fall – here are the top five scary podcasts that will tell tales (some real and some fiction) that will leave you haunted.

Crime Junkie

If you are a fan of true crime then this is the podcast for you. Hosted by Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat, Crime Junkie covers cases that they believe need more coverage. My favorite thing about Crime Junkie is Ashley and Brit’s dedication to justice and giving victims a voice.

Full Body Chills

Full Body Chills is another podcast that is produced and hosted by Ashley Flowers. In this podcast, Flowers shares fictional stories that will literally give you full body chills. These stories are reminiscent of the spooky campfire stories we told in childhood that left us scared of the dark.

Radio Rental

Radio Rental is hosted by Rainn Wilson as the voice of video store owner, Terry Carnatio – and let me tell you, listening to this podcast is an experience. Once you put on your headphones and press play, it feels like you have been transported to the 1980s as Carnation plays “videotapes” of strange and terrifying true stories told by the people who survived them.

Supernatural with Ashley Flowers

There are some mysteries out there that seem to defy all logical explanations. Supernatural, another podcast hosted by Ashley Flowers, (I’m sorry, but her storytelling skills are unmatched) delves into the stories of supposed ghost hauntings, alien encounters, and conspiracy theories that will leave you mystified and wanting more answers.

Haunted Places

Behind every ghost is the house that it haunts. Haunted Places podcast tells the stories of real-life haunted places and how they became haunted. This podcast is a mix of real history horrors and the chilling tales that originated from them.

Sydney is a junior at TCNJ and is currently majoring in Communications. Sydney loves writing, photography, art, music, and traveling. Find her on Instagram and Pinterest @sydgracej.
Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.