This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Ever since I started wearing makeup in the seventh grade, I realized how expensive it actually was. While it’s nice to treat ourselves with a high-end pallet or our favorite concealer, realistically, buying only high-end products starts to add up. Especially when it’s a product like mascara. Personally, if I had to pick only one makeup item to wear, it’d be mascara. It makes you look awake and put together, when in reality you got less than four hours of sleep. Therefore, I’ve put together a list of some of the best drugstore mascaras out there. So now you can use as much mascara to make your eyes actually look awake without worrying about going into debt!

1. Clump Crusher (Covergirl, $8.49)

My all-time, go-to, favorite. Gives great volume and length without clumping. I have been using it for years and it has never let me down.

IMG Source

2. The Rocket (Maybelline, $5.29)

A close second to Clump Crusher. I really like the brush on this one, and it also prevent clumping well. I’d say it gives better volume than length.

IMG Sourc

3. Monsieur Big (Lancome, $25)

Okay so technically Lancome isn’t very drugstore, but the price is very reasonable. I’ve gotten the most compliments about my eyelashes when wearing this mascara. It gives the best length and volume, by far. My only complaint is that it’s a little clumpy. My go-to routine has been using this after Clump Crusher to add extra volume.

IMG Source

4. Lashblast Volume (Covergirl, $9.49)

This is one of the first mascaras I used. While it gives great volume, I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite because it’s not the best with length (which is what I prefer). Overall, it’s a great stable but not my go-to.

IMG Source

5. Great Lash (Maybelline, $4.79)

Super old, but a classic. This is one of the cheapest options but has the quality of a high-end mascara. My mom actually showed me this mascara when I was first getting into makeup and I’ve really liked it ever since.

IMG Source

Senior, Early Childhood/Special Education and English Major. 
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.