This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The Food Network is a wonderful place. There is something for everyone, whether you are looking for a chill night relaxing as Barefoot Contessa talks about her imported vanilla or are craving the fast-paced thrill of Chopped’s high-stakes competition. However, the part that I find most enjoyable about the Food Network is the relationships that have formed between the celebrity chefs. They all participate in each other’s shows as judges, guests, or even participants. While all the members of this social network of stars are engaging to watch, here are my top five favorites from my Food Network viewing experience.

5.  Rachel Ray 

I don’t think a list about the Food Network can exist without this woman. I’m not sure if it’s her multiple cooking shows or simply her made-for-TV name, but she is the definition of a Food Network icon. Her videography has ranged from classic cooking shows to traveling around cooking budget meals. Rachel Ray is a pleasure to see in any doctor’s office waiting room and a fantastic chef to boot.  

4. Gordon Ramsey 

This is a chef that has perhaps even transcended simple Food Network stardom. Gordon Ramsey’s combination of sharp humor and quick insults makes him very entertaining to watch, no matter the channel. However, he does have a soft side that we get to see when he works with kids on his shows. While he is tough, in the end he only wants to improve people’s cooking. 

3.  Rocco DiSpirito

While this chef may look like a heartbreaker, his appearances on Food Network shows highlight his heart of gold. As clearly seen by his name, he is an Italian chef that has cooked at many restaurants throughout his career. However, he did take some time off from the Food Network and high-end restaurants to care for his elderly mother. Every single time I have seen Rocco DiSpirito on a show he never fails to congratulate his opponents after a job well done and always maintains a positive attitude. We need more chefs like Rocco DiSpirito. 

2. Alex Guarnaschelli

In the dictionary, Alex Guarnaschelli’s photo shows up under the word “Boss.” This Iron Chef is a beast in the kitchen and can take any challenge thrown at her. She does not shy away from any cooking competitions and master chefs’ shudder in fear when they see her walk into the kitchen. However, while she is always serious about her cooking, she does bring some humor into the kitchen and actually explains what she is doing to the camera. Not only do we love her, but we learn from her. 

1.  Guy Fieri 

This man needs no introduction. Whether you know him from driving around in his convertible or standing in the best grocery store in the world, his frosted tips can be recognized from many Food Network shows. Guy Fieri is simply a good guy. He has hosted and sponsored many philanthropic events and seemingly gets along with a wide array of other Food Network stars. While he may not be known for any sort of high-end classy cooking, Guy’s food is the definition of comfort food that the whole family will love. Guy Fieri loves food and celebrates creative meals and chefs on all of his shows. And what else is cooking really about?

Jillian Lynch is a sophomore at The College of New Jersey. She is majoring in Communications Studies with a specialization in Public/Mass communication and a minor in marketing. On campus, she is an Orientation Leader for TCNJ's Office of Student Transitions and a member of Theta Phi Alpha Sorority. In her free time, she enjoys listening to Taylor Swift, watching Netflix, and reading about new trends.
Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.