yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The Top 14 Halloween Hangover Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With October came pumpkin patches, haunted houses, and of course, an endless marathon of scary movies that we love dearly despite how much they spook the hell out of us. Though it may be over, it’s never too late to binge-watch some of the most classic horror movies of all time and weep over the fact that Halloween is behind us. 

My list of movies ranges from years as early as 1960 to the late 1990s, each one rich with complexity and just the right amount of thrills. Now it’s important to note that while this list doesn’t cover even half of all the great horror movies out there, it’s definitely a start… 

1. Psycho (1960) 

IMG Source

2. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

IMG Source

3. Rosemary’s Baby (1968)

IMG Source

4. The Exorcist (1973)

IMG Source 

5. Carrie (1976)

IMG Source

6. Halloween (1978)

IMG Source

7. When a Stranger Calls (1979)

IMG Source

9. The Shining (1980)IMG Source

9. Poltergeist (1982)

IMG Source

10. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

IMG Source

11. Fright Night (1985)

IMG Source

12. Beetlejuice (1968)

IMG Source

13. Scream (1996)

IMG Source

Samantha Segreto is a sophomore English and Publishing/Editing major with a minor in Political Science at TCNJ. Her passions aside from writing include music of all sorts, film, and literature (reading it!). She can always be found either laughing way too loudly among friends or with her nose buried deeply in a book
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!