alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Moments of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Our favorite Guidos are back — Jersey Shore: Family Vacation premiered on April 5, and honesty it met all expectations. As someone who was obsessed with the show during its six-season run, I was excited to hear they were coming back with a reunion/reboot and eager to watch Nicole, Deena, Pauly, Vinny, Jenni, and Ronnie get back into the swing of their craziness. Although they are all older, some married with kids, they haven’t really grown up. Here are some of the best moments from the premier:

1. Back at the bars

Image Source

The gang kicked off their first night in Miami without Sam, who opted out of joining Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, and Mike, who was in court the first day, at a bar/nightclub. Although they have all had quite the few years tackling their adult responsibilities, they went hard —just as we expected.

2. The duck phone

Image Source

The girls go back to the infamous Seaside Heights Shore Store to visit Danny (their old boss/landlord), and Nicole sneaks into the house to take something for them to have in Miami. Of course, we see the 4’9” mom running around until she lays eyes on the duck phone, which she promptly begins to fawn over and talk to while she unplugs it and hides it in her bag. She shows it to the roommates in Miami and they hook it up to their phone line. It quacks when it rings, and it’s like we’ve been transported back to 2009.

3. That Vinny/Pauly Reunion

Image Source

We all know that the real gem of the Jersey Shore was not their GTL lifestyle or the way they tore up nightclubs, but Vinny and Pauly’s ultimate bromance. These two guys have a genuine love for each other that straddles the line between brotherhood and romance. Pauly has been known to jokingly call Vinny his “boyfriend” and their relationship was definitely the best thing to come out of the series. They live in different states now and do not see each other much, so they moment they reunite in Miami was definitely one that touched the hearts of true fans.

4. The creepy Sam doll

Image Source

Since Sammi didn’t want to come to Miami with the gang, Pauly thought it would be a good idea to have a life-size Sam doll with a voice box that speaks some of her most famous catchphrases from the show. It is honestly the creepiest thing about the premier, and watching everyone interact with the doll is even odder.

5. Vinny’s new dance move

Image Source

To me, there’s nothing funnier than watching this crew dance in a club. Vinny pulled out a new dance move for the premier, and watching him explain it was half the fun.

6. The good old catchphrases  

Image Source

You name it, Pauly D says it. Not only did we hear “GTL”, “burgers for the boys”, and “cabs are here”, we got to hear them in that perfect Pauly D voice.

7. Jenni dropping it low

Image Source

Since Jersey Shore wrapped, Jenni and Nicole have had two kids each and gotten married. It’s safe to say that these two moms needed a vacation and went hard in the club — enough for Ron to question if Jenni just “dropped it low”. Yes Ron, she did.

8. Vinny being the best wingman there ever was

Image Source

Vinny, who has since become single, was in a relationship while filming Jersey Shore: Family Vacation. Even though he couldn’t pick up any girls, he still acted as the best wingman to his boy. You know you’re best friends when you hold the hand of the girl who’s dancing on your boy.     

9. Ma Guadagnino

Image Source

No doubt is Vinny’s mother the most loving and nurturing Italian mom that ever existed. Throughout Jersey Shore, it was always clear that she never wanted him to leave home, did everything for him and coddled him in any way she could. Vinnny even admitted to his mom still doing his laundry.

10. The Confessional

Image Source

I love seeing this gang back together again — and watching them do a tipsy confessional was just icing on the nostalgic, older but not yet wiser cake that is Jersey Shore: Family Vacation.

Olivia Grasing is a journalism student who aspires to work in the fashion/lifestyle industry.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.