Tomm Hart ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Collegiettes, you’ve probably seen him around campus rocking headphones and green apparel. He fronts a band, has a strong affinity for pugs and will be living it up in Japan next semester. This week’s campus cutie is Tomm Hart and next time you pass him by, why not stop to say “konnichiwa” (or “hello” in Japanese for the less linguistically inclined.)

Name: Tomm Hart
Major: International Studies
Age: 20
Hometown: Cranford, New Jersey
Hobbies: Writing music and reading up on East Asian Linguistics
Favorite Place on Campus: Wherever they have not run out of honey mustard yet.
Quirky Habits: Compulsive cleaning, spontaneous dance parties, and bothering the hell out of everyone in East with RC cars. Also: I take my cigarettes with Yoohoo.
Favorite Band: Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Likes: Pugs, Yoohoo, puns, buffalo chicken everything, caffeine, T.S. Eliot and Don Delillo.
Pet Peeves: Uggs, pop music, those ten minutes of jam-packed misery during meal equiv and people that think walkways are pedestals. I despise all manga and anime – I am more interested in the mindset behind the culture, than the cultural trappings themselves.
Describe yourself in one word: Imaginative.
Best part about going to Japan: I’m really looking forward to having a chance to stop living in English and maybe restore some dwindling faith in humanity.
Future Plans: Teach English in China and/or Japan, promote the albums, go on tour, and work my way out to California for grad school.
Best advice: “If you don’t laugh at every little terrible thing that comes your way, they’ll bury you alive.”

Well collegiettes, this dreamboat will be setting sail for Japan in no time at all, so you better act now!

Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.