Three Local Coffee Shops to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s that time of year again, school is back in session! Whether you are having a discussion on Zoom or studying for an upcoming exam, coffee helps motivate most college students. If you are currently residing in the Ewing area or happen to be passing through, here is a list of three coffee shops you should check out that are local small businesses. Currently, they all offer takeout.

1. Café Seventy Two – Ewing

Café Seventy Two is located about ten minutes from The College of New Jersey and has always been one of my favorite brunch spots, with their extensive and creative menu and specials. While Café has an amazing breakfast selection, their coffee and tea menu is impressive and delicious. Specifically, their iced dirty vanilla chai off of their fall specials menu is great. If you happen to be in Ewing, it is a must to check out.

2. Pretty Bird Coffee – Yardley

Pretty Bird is located about twelve minutes away from campus, and is a local artisan coffee shop. The interior of the coffee shop is very cute and aesthetically pleasing. Pretty Bird features a large menu selection, with specialty lattes such as their honey bee latte and blueberry cream latte. Furthermore, their breakfast is delicious, the kitchen prepares a variety of breakfast favorites, such as doughnuts and avocado toast. My favorite drink at the moment is their lavender latte.

3. Small World Coffee – Princeton

Small World is located about fifteen minutes away from campus in Princeton. The coffee shop is decorated with art and information on how their products are fair trade. Their coffee and tea menu has a variety of different types of espresso drinks, teas, and lemonades, with a whole menu on baked goods as well. My favorite drink from them at the moment is their iced raspberry latte with oat milk. While Small World is a little bit further from campus, if you happen to be strolling through Princeton, you must check it out.

If you have the time and need the caffeine, check these local spots out!

Aly Colon

TCNJ '21

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!