This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The long six weeks are coming up, and if you aren’t going away to somewhere tropical, here are a few things to do to pass the time at home.

1. Spend time with family

The holiday season is a great way to show your appreciation for your family. Let them know you love them by spending some quality time with them. Any of these activities would be great with them.

2. Build a snowman

Don’t forget to add the corncob pipe, the button nose, and the coal eyes.

3. Have a snowball fight

Nothing better than frostbite and cold wind blowing on your face to remind you that it’s winter.

4. Read a book

School has been hectic, and you probably didn’t have a lot of time to just read and relax. So pick up that book that’s been sitting on your shelf for a while, and get into it!

5. Bake cookies

How can anyone resist cute gingerbread men? For a bonus activity, decorate them with frosting and sprinkles.

6. Make gingerbread houses

Try to make a perfect house for your gingerbread cookie people!

7. Go ice skating

Bundle up and go skating! Just try not to fall down. That hurts.

8. Drive around and look at Christmas lights

Grab a friend or two and just take a drive around town. Some places are known for the amazing decorations that sync up with the radio!

9. Watch classic Christmas movies

What’s a Christmas season without Home Alone, the Grinch, or Elf?

10. Drink hot chocolate

And add as many marshmallows as you desire.

11. Take a bath

Take advantage of the opportunity of not having to use a communal bathroom to take a nice, long, relaxing bath. Maybe even light a candle or two!

I know break seems really long and boring, but it will be great to destress and prepare for the new year. Some alone time and relaxing won’t be so bad, and you’ll be energized for a great spring semester.

Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.