Teen Mom Maci Bookout’s Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Teen Mom OG star, Maci Bookout, finally had her fairytale wedding on October 8th. The MTV star wed Taylor McKinney at the beautiful Honey Lake Church in Greenville, Florida surrounded by all of their closest family and friends.

Bookout’s three children all played a major role in the ceremony as 7-year-old Bentley (who she had with ex-boyfriend Ryan Edwards) was the “mini best man.” Bookout and McKinney’s adorable 16-month old daughter, Jayde, was the flower girl and their son, four-month old Maverick, was pulled down the aisle in a wagon.

The bride stunned guests in a unique strapless couture gown designed by Riki Dalal Haute Couture. Bookout chose to spice things up from the classic white dress by choosing a gorgeous lace and chiffon rose gold hued gown.

One of the guests was fellow MTV star Catelynn Lowell who had nothing but kind words to say. “Maci was a gorgeous bride; I was so excited when I saw her!”

The wedding was planned with the family of the Chattanooga, Tennessee couple in mind. Bookout’s grandfather, Pastor Jack D. Sylvester, married the happy couple who exchanged self-written vows that led to the bride tearing up at the altar.

The rustic-theme reception was the scene of the party as 165 guests hit the dance floor for a night of fun. The newlyweds danced to John Legend’s “All of Me” and then the party really got going when the DJ started playing Wiz Khalifa and Lil Wayne. “Bentley was having a blast. He was running around like crazy,” said Lowell.

The newlyweds ended the magical affair by leaving the venue in a horse drawn carriage as they packed their bags for their Caribbean honeymoon. “I’m excited to finally be able to call Taylor my husband! Eight days with no children and a beer and a beach-awesome,” Maci laughed before they left the reception. “I’d say by day five we’re probably going to be missing the kids.

Best wishes to the happy couple, Maci and Taylor!

Sophomore studying Journalism and Pre-Law from Hamilton, New Jersey
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.