TCNJ Goes Global with Serengetee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

TCNJ’s community grows every year as new students with distinct lifestyles and experiences come together to shape the campus. But, what’s not so different about most is their home state. According to TCNJ’s 2012 report, 94% of students call New Jersey their home all year round.

This year, TCNJ is expanding its community farther than ever before with its new partnership with Serengetee, an organization that allows people to impact lives across the globe through the simple act of buying a t-shirt.

“Serengetee provides a way for college students, where it is so easy to get wrapped up in everything we have going on here, to do their part in helping someone around the world that needs it,” says Stephanie Menakis, one of TCNJ’s campus representatives.

The company sells solid v-neck t-shirts, crew t-shirts, tank tops, racerbacks, long sleeve tees, crop tops and shorts each displaying a patterned fabric pocket from a different country around the world. Each fabric connects to a charity in the country where it was made, and that charity receives 5 percent of each purchase.

Currently, Serengetee supports 32 charities worldwide and continuously searches for new places to spread their mission.

“Serengetee’s slogan is ‘Wear the world’ and every time someone puts on one of those shirts, you know that your contribution is connecting you to someone across the globe and making their life better,” says Menakis.

She, along with Tara Bitterly, Stephanie Dilonno and Bradon O’Dell, represents the organization at TCNJ, and all are eager to see how students embrace this cause.

“We are hoping that our students will be just as passionate about this cause as we are,” says Menakis. “TCNJ’s support after Hurricane Sandy leaves me with no doubt that our school is more that willing to get behind a good cause.”

Students can get involved by going to Serengetee‘s website. Purchase a shirt and start wearing the world!

Keep a look out for Serengetee’s table in the STUD and fliers around campus for upcoming events and giveaways. Students can also “like” Serengetee’s Facebook page and start following the organization on Twitter and Instagram for more information.