Life > Experiences

TCNJ Gets Euphoric: Hunter Schafer Spring Lecture 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Hunter Schafer left TCNJ students euphoric after her candid conversation with CUB Executive Director Wandally Vargas. Students began lining up as early as 4:00 pm in order to ensure a seat in Kendall Hall, standing in sub-freezing temperatures with groups of shivering teenagers bundled up in layers and layers of winter clothes and fuzzy blankets. Despite the cold, the energy from all the Euphoria-lovers and Hunter Schafer fanatics radiated throughout the air. 

Hunter’s visit to TCNJ on Monday, March 26th was one of the most highly-anticipated events of the Spring semester considering her status as a notable Gen Z celebrity who stars in HBO’s teen drama series, Euphoria. She is best known for her acting, modeling, and activism. In her conversation with Wandally, she delved into the intimate details of her personal life and budding career, welcoming TCNJ students into the wondrous world of Hunter Schafer. 

Hunter’s conversation covered a wide variety of topics ranging from her experiences with modeling to her thoughts on her character, Jules. Throughout chatting with Wandally, she maintained a casual and light-hearted tone, infusing her laughter and jokes in between her responses. Even as she spoke about her rise to fame, Hunter always came across as very down-to-earth. In fact, she was just at the Vanity Fair Oscars party along with the rest of the Euphoria cast the night before speaking at TCNJ. 

Upon the Kendall Hall stage, Hunter and Wandally’s conversation was very natural and easy-going. At first, even with her star status, Hunter seemed a bit nervous, but eventually warmed up to the audience and Wandally’s cheery smile. Together the two of them appeared as if they were friends for years in the way they interacted with each other. Wandally asked a series of thought-provoking questions that gave Hunter the opportunity to share everything from embarrassing memories to optimistic dreams. In each response, Hunter dove deeper and deeper into pieces of her life that we never got to see before. 

This CUB event proved to be one of the best from the Spring semester. It’s not everyday that a beloved Euphoria actress visits your campus for a casual Q&A.  Getting the chance to have Hunter Schafer speak at TCNJ made standing out in the snow and cold for hours all worth it.  

Reader. Writer. Dreamer. Lover of all things relating to language and literature.