Surviving the Day After the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Let’s face it: Super Monday is not an official holiday yet, so we all have to get back to grind after our Sunday Funday.  But how do we get through it when there are so many things lingering from the night before?  Her Campus TCNJ is here to help you remedy all of the Super Bowl aftermath with a few tips for all your issues.

1. The Hangover.  Drink a little too much last night?  The beer hit you a little harder than expected? According to Shape magazine, simply rehydrating is the best hangover remedy out there.  Be sure to pack some Alka Seltzer in your bag before you head out to work or class.  And if you don’t have any, try some ginger ale and crackers.  Bananas also work wonders.  Be prepared though because, trust me, you don’t want to be that person to take off the day after the Super Bowl.

2. The Extra Pounds.  Chips, dip, pizza, wings, beer, cake.  The list of food you probably ate the night before goes on and on.  According to the Calorie Count Council, Americans probably ate about 11.2 million pounds of potato chips yesterday.  So how do we start working off this weight?  Try something easy like yoga or pilates.  Both are relaxing to help you recover if you are stressed from the game or hungover.  You can easily find videos to follow on your TV or computer.  Try DoYogaWithMe.com, for free yoga classes that you can stream in HD right in your own home.

3. Your Team Lost.  Wondering how to face those Ravens fans who you know will rub it in your face that the 49ers lost?  Try changing the conversation to Beyonce.  No one can argue over that performance.  But in all seriousness, it isn’t worth getting worked up in the office over a game that is now over.  Focus on a different sport – hopefully you’re a Devils fan like me and can talk about their win instead.  And baseball starts in just under two months!  Don’t dwell on your team’s loss – they made it to the most important game of the season, which is more than the other 30 teams in the NFL can say.

Get through the day after the Super Bowl with these tips and you’ll be sure to survive until next season, as well.

What tips do you have for handling the day after the Super Bowl?  Leave a comment below!

Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.