This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Image Source

“Down, set, hike!” It’s that time of year again: Super Bowl time! The Super Bowl has creeped up on us really quickly and although it’s fun to cheer on your favorite team, the Super Bowl is really about making sure you have all the right snacks to binge on as you enjoy watching the game with your friends and family. Here are some snack must haves:

1. Chips and Dips

My personal favorite that I absolutely love to make is a seven-layer dip, but there are plenty of dips out there. From cheese dips, to salsa, queso, spinach and artichoke, guacamole, hummus, bacon and cheese, cheesy onion, etc. the list is endless.

Recipe 

Image Source

2. Loaded Nachos

Get all the toppings you can think of and put them on top of nachos. Bring on the colored bell peppers, lettuce, onions, scallions, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole.

Recipe

Image Source

3. Chicken Wings/Tenders

Whether you like buffalo chicken wings, or boneless chicken tenders you can’t go wrong. Make sure you add them to your Super Bowl menu.

Recipe

Image Source

4. Jalapeno Poppers

Mix a spicy item with your food. You can’t go wrong with this one. It’ll melt right in your mouth and pop with the heat of the peppers.

Recipe

Image Source

5. Dessert

You just can’t have a party without some sweets. Make sure to indulge in some Super Bowl-themed desserts like cookies, donuts, cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, or fruit bowls; you can get really creative with this.

Image Source

Enjoy the big game, and eat a ton! #GoBirds

A current elementary education student at TCNJ. I have a passion for teaching, I love to write, watch TV, I'm a foodie and love anything related to fashion/beauty!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.