This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Summer is just around the corner, and it’s going to be a hot one! Although some of us might miss this mild spring weather, it’s time to give your spring clothes a rest and bring out your favorite summer apparel.

While I have been transitioning my spring clothes into summer gear, I noticed a few changes in the summer fashion trends. I thought I could spare you the time and help out with some of the pieces that have made it to the top of the chart—even celebs couldn’t resist having these pieces in their wardrobe.

1. Bike Shorts

First up, we have the infamous bike shorts trend. This piece is very versatile and can paired with many other clothing pieces. Bike shorts are an everyday wear for the summertime, and it’s only right to have a pair of these in your wardrobe. Many celebs have been seen wearing this sporty piece, starting with the fashion icon, Kim Kardashian, along with many other celebs, like Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner. There’s various styles for the bike shorts, so there’s no way you would get bored with these.

Photo: Splash News

2. Pastels

Pastels have been making their big return with the spring/summer season. What better way to stand out than to shine bright in the sun while looking your best. You’ll definitely turn heads wearing a bright yellow or pink dress. There are many ways to dress with pastel color clothing, so why not have a little fun with it?

Photo: Pinterest

3. Florals

We all know by now that once summertime comes, so will the floral-print pieces. This trend has been around for many years, finally making a fresh return this summer. Add a little fun to your outfit by pairing your favorite floral top with a nice skirt or pair of shorts.

Photo: Pinterest

4. Off the shoulder tops

Every clothing store have multiple styles of this piece and it has been everyone’s favorite piece of clothing this spring season. Off-the-shoulder tops gives a feminine touch to your outfits. This trend comes in many different styles, from dresses to crop tops and bodysuits.

Photo: Charlotte Russe

5. Fanny Packs

Fanny packs have been everywhere this spring/summer season. Fanny packs have reached the next level. You can give pair it with bike shorts to get a sporty look or wear it with a casual t-shirt dress or simple outfit. There are many retailers who sell fanny packs as a shoulder bag and let me tell you ladies—it is a pretty cool look!

Photo: Travel Channel

There are many summer fashion trends that I’m sure many of you have seen this year, and these few are my absolute favorites. Fashion is all about expressing yourself, and although these may be trends for the world, you can always start your own if you don’t like these looks.

Ashley Franklin graduated The College of New Jersey with a BS in Marketing and minor in Communications. During her time at TCNJ, she actively contributed to their Her Campus chapters' online magazine, taking on many roles from Marketing/Publicity Coordinator to Social Media Specialist. She's a lover of all things fashion, beauty and food--and enjoys binge-watching the latest Netflix series (Gossip Girl being one of her faves).
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.