Summer Concerts Around New Jersey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The semester is slowly coming to a close, which means summer is right around the corner. With summer comes beach trips, ice cream, and of course, summer concerts! There are some good shows planned for this summer around New Jersey, so grab your friends and grab a ticket to one or more of these awesome concerts!

Source

The Weeknd

June 4th, Prudential Center – this is a great way to start off the summer. The Weekend recently topped charts with his album Starboy so you can expect many songs from that album on tour. Who knows, maybe you’ll even catch a glimpse of Selena Gomez too.

Source

Florida Georgia Line

June 17th, BB&T Pavilion – I absolutely despise country music, but I do know that people go nuts for FGL and summer country concerts. With a nice day and some good friends, I’m sure any country music lover will have an awesome time at this one.

Source

Warped Tour

July 15th, PNC Bank Arts Center – I’ve been to this concert multiple times in the past and it’s totally worth the ticket if you’re into alternative/rock/hardcore music. The day is long and hot, so bring lots of water and wear comfortable shoes.

Source

Coldplay

August 1st, MetLife Stadium – ever since their halftime performance at the Super Bowl a few years ago, Coldplay has become substantially more popular. Their shows tend to have awesome visuals and displays, and MetLife never disappoints when it comes to concerts.

Source

John Mayer

Aug 18th, BB&T Pavilion – John Mayer is the king of emotional ballads, but also knows how to get people excited with some rock and roll. For a chill and laid-back concert that you’re sure to enjoy, I would highly suggest this one.

Source

Justin Bieber

Aug 24th, MetLife Stadium – if you’re looking to fulfill your middle school fantasy of seeing Justin Bieber in concert, this is obviously a show for you. Although I’ve never been, I know he is notorious for showing some skin while dancing around on stage – the girls go wild.

Source

Bruno Mars

Sept 26th, Prudential Center – close out the summer jamming to Bruno Mars and his revamped music style. He is sure to play hits from his new album, 24k Magic, but won’t forget the classics that got him to where he is today. I have my ticket, do you?

Cover Image Source

Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.