Career > Money

Student Discounts that will SAVE your Life this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Everyone has heard of the stereotype of a “broke college student.” As a college student myself, I understand the financial struggles that go along with being a full-time student. For many students, it is hard to find a way to make money, while balancing good grades, school activities, and a social life. With this in mind, here are some student discounts that will SAVE your life this semester! 

News and Entertainment Student Discounts 

Many news and entertainment platforms offer student discounts. For any music lover out there, Spotify’s student discount offers Spotify Premium for $4.99 per month compared to $9.99 per month. Apple Music offers one free month, then a price of $5.99 a month for 48 months, which includes Apple TV. Every student loves watching a good show after a long day of class. Paramount+ offers a student plan of $3.75 a month, and Hulu offers an ad-supported option to students for $1.99 per month. Youtube Premium offers a student plan of one free month trial, and then $6.99 per month. 

Retail Student Discounts 

For every shopaholic out there like myself, any retail discount saves my life—and my bank account. The UNiDAYS app, along with the Student Beans app, offers some of the best student deals. The UNiDAYS app offers discounts ranging from fashion, technology, and beauty to health and fitness. Majority of these discounts can also be stacked onto other deals! American Eagle and Aerie offer an extra 20% off for students, Hollister offers a 10% off student discount, Cotton On offers a 15% off student discount, and Forever21 offers a 21% off student discount. More luxury brands, such as UGG, offer a 10% student discount, RayBan offers 20% off plus free shipping for students, QUAY offers a 15% student discount, and Kate Spade offers 15% off. UNiDAYS also offers many other discounts from companies such as Adidas, UnderArmour, New Balance, Levis, Tarte, and Clinique. Likewise, the StudentBeans app offers a plethora of student discounts such as 20% off at White Fox Boutique, 20% off at Princess Polly, and 10% off at Marc Jacobs. Amazon Prime offers students their first six months of membership free, then charges $7.49 per month after that, about half of what a Prime membership normally costs. 

Restaurant Student Discounts 

National restaurant chains have more student discounts than one may suspect. The only issue is that a lot of these discounts are only at “participating locations,” so it is always best to ask your favorite spots if they take such discounts. In some locations, Dunkin Donuts offers a 10% off student discount, and the same with Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Subway, and Dairy Queen. At times, small businesses offer student discounts as well. Deli on a Bagel by TCNJ, for example, offers 10% off!

Travel Student Discounts 

Lastly, many travel and transportation companies offer student discounts that will help your college spring break trip this year! Amtrak gives students 15% off bookings and United Airlines offers a 5% for anyone between the ages of 18 to 23. Hertz will allow students over the age of 21 to rent a car for 15% to 20% off. Choice Hotels, which include Ascend, Cambria Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites, MainStay Suites, and Quality Inn, give students 10% off their stay.

Brianna Hulse is a sophomore Marketing major at The College of New Jersey. Along with being a staff writer for Her Campus, she is a member of TCNJ’s College Union Board and American Marketing Association. In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with my friends and family, going to the beach, going shopping, going to concerts, and watching reality TV.