Spring Break Bikini Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Punxsutawney Phil may have predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but we’re looking on the bright side here at Her Campus.  Spring Break is a mere three weeks away, so it’s time to begin the search for the perfect bikini!  After New York’s Fashion Week last week, the world of fashion unleashed its vision of what swimwear will look like for this year.  We will see everything from flaw-hiding, high-waisted bottoms to – let’s just say something Miley Cyrus would wear.

One of the most popular trends for this year stems back to the’ 50s.  The high-waisted bathing suit bottom is back in style!  Paired with a halter or bandeau top, this suit is sure to get you noticed by that cute lifeguard you’ve had your eye on.

One of the hottest trends of spring/summer 2014 is the crop top.  Whether you love it or hate it, there’s no doubt we will be seeing it on every beach this season.

One of my favorites this season is the long line embellished bandeau.  This sexy top can go with multiple bikini bottoms and has enough flair to fit the needs of every fashionista!

A new take on the traditional one-piece, this new trend is a high-waisted, crisscross one-piece that will surely make the boys stare.  The sexy twist on this classic suit is both comfortable and stylish!

According to New York’s Fashion Week, cutaway bathing suits are the new rave.  This suit is bold and edgy, and it definitely makes a statement.  I don’t know about you, but I’d be afraid of those tan lines…

This ‘barely there’ one-piece has become a new trend among women in their twenties.  With just enough fabric to be considered suitable for a public beach, this Minimale Animale suit will get you noticed.  I guess we can thank Miley for this one.   

The fashion for this summer’s swimwear seems to vary greatly.  Whether you’re into being a bit more covered up or baring it all, there is a stylish suit for everyone.  While you’re on Spring Break wearing your new bathing suit, rock it with confidence because there is nothing sexier than a girl with confidence!