So, You Think You’re a Cali Girl?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Over the summer I traveled to California, one of my favorite places to visit.  While I was there, I picked up on a few tips and tricks that can help you pass as a Cali gal.

Here they are:

1. All the trends: You have to be down to try all the up and coming trends/Instagram worthy places. From milk tea with multiple flavors and cup styles, including a light bulb, to a new version of sushi called poke´ you’ll always have something new to try.  
  1. Manicures: You cannot step outside in California with uncut nails and chipped polish. Find a cute manicure spot and take your girls with you. From 3-D nail art to a variety of colors you won’t be disappointed.
  1. Brunchin’: There is no better meal than brunch. There are numerous brunch spots in the bay area with different styles of eggs and even better potato sides. If you’re visiting Cali, you definitely need to sit in a cute brunch spot and eat away.
  1. Palm trees and beautiful views: Nothing beats driving with good music playing, palm trees, and a beautiful view of the hills and mountains that surround the bay area highways. The view is breathtaking and makes for great Snapchats, Instagram posts, or a moment to just take it all in and enjoy it while it lasts.

Cali, I love you & until next time!

Photos Courtesy of Zainab Rizvi

A current elementary education student at TCNJ. I have a passion for teaching, I love to write, watch TV, I'm a foodie and love anything related to fashion/beauty!
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.