Savage X Fenty Show Is More Than Just A Catwalk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Savage X Fenty is Rihanna’s size inclusive lingerie line that features pieces from slips to sleepwear. The line was launched in 2018 and was an immediate success, offering sizes XS-3X. 

More like a concert than a catwalk, Rihanna featured multi-layered performances featuring a star studded cast of dancers, singers, and models. The show took place during New York Fashion Week on September 10th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. It was featured on Amazon Prime and aired on September 20th for audiences all over the world to see in more than 200 countries, including loads of behind the scenes content. 

IMG Source

Rihanna opened the show with a fierce dance choreographed by Paris Goebel to a remixed version of her song “Woo” and “Voices” by Flume. Both Rihanna and her dancers wore all black, sheer lace catsuits and black sneakers that they sported throughout the entire show. 

IMG Source

The models featured included stars Gigi Hadid, Normani, and Laverne Cox with other popular runway and editorial models Mama Cax, Tabria Majors, and Slick Woods. New York natives Fabulous and Fat Joe hyped the crowd with throwbacks “All The Way Up” and “You Be Killin’ Em” alongside DJ Khaled and Tierra Whack. The concert was crafted around a four story paneled structure, layers of stairs, and a pool of water, of which all performers interacted with. Artists Halsey, Big Sean, and Migos were also featured in the show. 

IMG Source

The show was closed with a light fest featuring all of the dancers in the show voguing with red, flowy scarves. The rest of the models followed suit, finishing with Rihanna in an intricate black jumpsuit and dangling diamond earrings. This concert featured inclusivity in many forms, showing the many versions of sexy. Rihanna allowed light to be shown on artists of all kinds, setting new standards for both the fashion and modeling industries. 

Imani is currently a freshman at TCNJ as an open options student! She loves fashion, internet culture and is a licensed cosmetologist! You can follow her on Instagram @iimvnii and her beauty page at @arachnidbeauty
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!