Ryan DeAngelis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

What better way to start the semester than with a new Campus Cutie? Junior Ryan DeAngelis has it all: the looks, the personality, and the brains.  Growing up with three sisters, he certainly knows how to treat a lady.  Sadly but not surprisingly, collegiettes, he has a girlfriend; but luckily, there’s no harm in looking.  You just may spot him studying in the Chemistry building, giving a tour around campus, or relaxing in Alumni Grove. 

Name: Ryan DeAngelis

Nicknames: De, Ry, @RyDawgiefresh

Age/Year: 21, Junior

Hometown: Robbinsville, NJ

Major: Chemistry

Hobbies: Lacrosse, Ice Hockey, Overusing Twitter, Working out, Cuddling

Activities on campus: Ambassador, Club Lacrosse, Student Chemist Association

Why you chose TCNJ: It had everything I wanted in a school—excellent science program, close to home, and most of all, great people.

Future goals: Hoping to go to medical school and maybe start my own practice.

Favorite musicians/bands: I listen to a little bit of everything, but I’d have to say John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Rise Against, and Jason Aldean are among my favorites. Oh and this doesn’t count as a band, but I’m all about Summer Hits of the 90s on Pandora. Check it out; you won’t be disappointed.

Favorite movie: Green Street Hooligans 

Favorite food: Nothing beats a slice of buffalo chicken pizza from Piccolo’s…except maybe a slice of baked ziti pizza from Piccolo’s. 

Funny quirks: I talk in my sleep pretty regularly (so I’m told). Also, I can finish a Rubik’s Cube in less than a minute.

Pet peeves: When people are super messy, when people are judgmental, and when people are always late.

Fun fact: I have a twin sister and two older sisters that are also twins. 

Favorite spot on campus: Alumni Grove on a nice day

Best college memory so far: Working Welcome Week during Hurricane Irene my sophomore year

Craziest thing you’ve done for love: For my girlfriend’s birthday sophomore year, I made her a scavenger hunt that had her running all around campus. I reached out to all her friends, some even from her freshman year, and each person wrote a clue to lead her to their “spot” on campus. When she got to the spot, the person gave her a rose and the next clue. I even got her parents to be a part of it. She cried, so I think I did well.

Best date you’ve been on: Over winter break, my girlfriend surprised me with a fish and took me to the Camden Aquarium. It was awesome.

Best advice you’ve ever been given: Look for the good in everyone, and don’t eat the sushi at Eickhoff!