Rosalina Felipe: Inspiring through Empowerment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity, Rosalina Felipe, a marketing major and graphic design and law, politics, and philosophy double minor,  is known for her positive attitude.  

“My dream/goal is to become a role model for girls,” says Rosalina. “It means so much to me to create a difference in someone’s life.”

This summer, instead of  spending her days watching Suits, her favorite TV show, Rosalina hit up Craigslist to look for an internship.  She applied to Styling On, a personal styling delivery service. The site designs outfits, for a range of women, based on a specific profile quiz.  The items are then shipped directly to the buyers home.  After a phone interview, Rosalina was lucky to receive an internship as a digital marketing intern and a stylist.

As stylist Rosalina built relationships with her customers as she designed outfits based on their personal preference.  If she were to design an outfit for herself, Rosalina would pick an edgy outfit, so she could wear her favorite combat boots.

As a digital marketing intern, she updated the social media of the site, including the Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter pages. She researched the competitors of the organization, analyzed their strengths and weaknesses, and tailored a marketing plan based on her discoveries.  

“If you want something, you need to go get it,” Rosalina says.  “I was really outspoken about what I thought the site should be.”

She wanted her employers to know that she was passionate about improving the site.  Her employers noticed her positive attitude and work ethic and they quickly trusted her with more responsibility.  

Rosalina is optimistic and dedicated in all that she does, including in her position at Urban Outfitters. “I didn’t think that Urban would change my life,” Rosalina says.

This semester she was promoted as a Urban Outfitter’s representative.  Through this position, Rosalina promotes the store through in store and outdoor events. She began working as a Sales Associate with Urban Outfitters in Princeton last November. But her hard work soon earned her more responsibility and opportunities at work.

More TCNJ students attended the  first event she helped with called “Late Night College”, than students from any other college.  She is currently planning a big event for the first anniversary of the store on Dec. 6 and designing a tumblr page for the store.

Rosalina was ecstatic about the  three awards she received from her co-workers at Urban Outfitters: friendliest, most positive, and best customer service.

When the stress of school and works become too much, she is expresses herself through dance.  An active member of Theta Phi Alpha sorority, Rosalina used her jazz and hip hop dance experience to participate in Greek Week’s lip sync & dance competition.

Women in her sorority and workplace have inspired Rosalina to reach for the stars.

“My inspiration comes from strong and confident women who have changed my perspective in life,” says Rosalina.

One day, Rosalina hopes to combine her passions for fashion, art, and law and inspire other girls to reach confidently for their dreams.