Rhett Williamson, ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

A rare breed on TCNJ’s campus, this ginger balances Forensic Chemistry, gluten and fructose allergies and a love affair with Lady Gaga. When he’s not in the Chemistry Building, keep an eye out for this redhead at the International House, CCM or on the dance floor. And if you want to strike up a conversation, ask Rhett about being interrogated by the National Guard while studying abroad in Spain….or mention Lady Gaga!

Name: Rhett Williamson
Major: Forensic Chemistry
Hometown: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Age: 21!
Activities/Hobbies: Running, Catholic Campus Ministry, CCS, avoiding gluten, being a ginger, speaking Spanish.
Best (or worst) advice you’ve ever received: When wanting to skip class with friends: “Just do it, they can’t fail all of us!”
Favorite Place on Campus: Chemistry Building
Describe yourself in one word: Red
Future Plans: Infiltrate Castro’s Cuba and create the first-ever, Spanish-speaking, gluten-free eating, Ginger colony.
Quirky Habits: Spontaneous dancing to techo/hip-hop/rap music. I like my beats fast and my bass down low.
Favorite Band/Musician: Lady Gaga and Eminem
Pet Peeves: Waiting in long lines, not dancing, speaking English.
Most exciting part of studying abroad in Spain: Having siestas, sangria at every meal, beautiful Spanish women, getting interrogated by the National Guard.

Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.